Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #355


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Have a Heart Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

One Layer

 We are using Paper Smooches products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

s

For my project, I wanted to use my new Single Rose Wise Die. This truly is a well-designed die as you can use it as a die, of course. However, using it as a stencil is quite a dream! I would not have thought of using it as a stencil normally. BUT with the one layer theme, this proves to be a good chance to try! 
hello love
 I took photos of my creative process. Perhaps they will help you understand the "how-to" better. 
2016-02

About this card: 
~score the borders (1/4" off from the edges)
~apply Washi Tape all around 4 borders 
~ink up the rose with 2-3 shades of pink and orange (cover the negative part of the leaves)
~apply ink with Ombre Green Ink over leaves and keep the petals and other area covered
~one rose/leaves at a time
~be careful with dirty inks from your own fingers (ask how I know!)

DSC_0917 (2)  
Not only this is a great way to stretch your dies, it also provides you a chance to practice ink-blending and masking! And remember scoring board?  Use it to add subtle textures, too! I also used Pico Embellisher and Wink of Stella (instead of sequins) to add details. 
One layer is VERY do-able!

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!  

PS: Just for fun, I am entering this card to the GD search (see here). 
Edited: I will be the Paper Smooches March Guest Designer!! (see announcement here).
Woohoo! :)



19 comments:

Lin said...

I love your idea, Virginia (I don't think I'd have thought of it myself), and love how your card turned out! Such nice colors!

Dotty Jo x said...

Beautiful colours and gorgeous stencilling, Jo x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, I love how you used the die as a mask, the colours and whole design of this is so pretty! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Karen B. said...

What a clever idea and beautiful card!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY one layer wonder!

Harriet said...

Thank you, Virginia, for clarifying your lovely card of yesterday. Today's card is WOW.....you sure do encourage us to use our "stuff" as creatively as possible. I'm going to give today's example a try. Today, my friend is coming over to make cards. She's a newbie and thanks to all I have learned thinks I'm good. I keep telling ... go read the blogs and you'll see not only good but excellent. I think she's afraid to get too involved.

Andrea La Vigne said...

Lovely card, Virginia! Great color scheme, and I like the way you used the die as a stencil. I'm pinning this for future inspiration! :)
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Lisa said...

Pretty colors, pretty card and a great idea!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful sponging Virginia!

conil said...

Perfectly stenciled...this is so pretty. Love your color and design choices and the scored frame. Very impressive.

Heather said...

A beautifully created card Virginia, such lovely colours along with a stunning sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx

Greta said...

Stunning card, Virginia--jumped off the page when I checked SSS Wed today! Now I also "need" that rose die & wish I had Pico Embellisher! Hugs, Greta

Annette Allen said...

wow totally love his.. those flowers look amazing.

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful Virginia!!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! The bright palette is stunning!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kim P said...

Gosh I love this idea!
The colors are so rich against the white. Beautiful card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this as a stencil! Great way to stretch your dies!

D.Ann C said...

Love these colors!

Renee said...

This is such a cool idea, and turned out beautiful! Good luck on the GD spot :)