Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #357

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Shake it Up Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using  Memory Box this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 s  

For my project, I used Memory Box Calais Butterfly Craft Die. This die is rather neat and versatile as there are two butterflies in one piece. You can create borders, use them as an accent/embellishments or use it as a stencil. Lots of possibilities!

Yay, it's your day

I took out Heidi Swapp Color Shine Creamsicle , created my own color paper and then diecut the butterflies.  I then made the rectangle die cut with Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangles. For the textural design, I used WR Memory Keeper's Woven Embossing Folder. I added some dimensions with craft foam by popping up the panel.

close-up (2)
The butterflies were scattered across the entire card front. The sentiment is from "Hello Beautiful" that I stamped horizontally. I hope that you join this challenge because...it's "Anything Goes"!!

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

29 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, the butterflies are beautiful and I love the embossed panel, the whole design is fabulous! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Virginia!!

Karen B. said...

Such a beauty of a card!

conil said...

Don't you just love these folders? Every time I see a card embossed with one, I'm so impressed (no pun intended). I hadn't thought of using it for a window card so I very glad you did. Opens up so many possibilities. Yours looks wonderful.

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Virginia!
I love the idea of creating a frame to showcase a sentiment and the butterflies direct the eye to the center piece! Brilliant and so happy ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful I need to get that embossing folder my enabler friend!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Love the background and those pretty butterflies!!

hugs...

Harriet said...

Lovely, lovely-Virginia-butterflies are perfect especially on this card, the color is sublime.

Susanne Vargas said...

So very pretty!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, a beautiful embossed background with stunning butterflies - your inset is such pretty colours!!

hugs
Heather xx

Barb said...

Gorgeous design and colors, Virginia! Love how you die cut the rectangle into the embossed panel! Such a beautiful effect! ♥

Stephanie Leykauf said...

STUNNING, Virginia! Loving the ombre and the lattice embossing really POPS!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

D.Ann C said...

Love the colors and the texture!

Lisa said...

Oh my stars Virginia, this is gorgeous!!

Greta said...

Love your butterflies, Virginia! Great idea to make your own colored paper!

Dawn Turley said...

beautiful Virginia. Such an elegant card

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Virginia, this card is beautiful! A great job on it!

Cris G said...

This is really pretty, Virginia! Love the white panel with the weaving embossing, framing those colorful butterflies and sentiment panel.

Susi Kelly said...

What a lovely Butterfly card, Virginia - love the hues of colour you used for the die cuts as well as the inside sentiment panel!

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! Beautiful inking on the butterflies with the woven bg!

Lin said...

What a stunner, Virginia! Those delicate butterflies against the bold basketweave make a standout card!

TK said...

Love, love, love! Love the ef, love the beautiful butterflies!

Cindy C. said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!!

Nora N. said...

This is stunning!!! I LOVE the embossing and how you cut out the frame like that. Makes the other elements just POP!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that embossing, beautiful and those butterflies are so pretty and delicate. I love that one peeking out from inside the window.

Laura Bassen said...

Simon Says Stamp shared this on Instagram and it is FABULOUS!!!!

Paru Mahtani said...

Just stunning!

Caryn said...

This is gorgeous Virginia - I love the basket weave detail - you're making me need this!!!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Wow! I love how the ombre effect in the background matches your delicate butterflies. Blessings!