Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SSS February Card Kit (Part 3)

Hello friends!
(Simon Says Stamp sales link is located at the end of the post)
You know me...
Once I start creating with a kit, I can't stop making cards with it. Here they are:
 Part 1 (2 cards) 
 Part 2 (2 cards)
today is Part 3 (2 cards)

Normally, I do a lot of stamping, but with this kit, I got to try something different than usual. It comes with 3 sheets of Epoxy stickers. These are really fun and easy to use. If you see my cards today, you would know what I mean....

My first card's idea came from the large heart Epoxy Sticker. It is transparent with bold black outlines. I decided to change it up a bit. I altered the colors with alcohol inks. I tried using Zig  markers and it was not working (obviously as the surface is non-porous), so I took out my favorite alcohol inks and they work perfectly.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I also use the piece of card stock where there is a hole in the middle, so I covered it with the heart sticker and popped it up with foam tape. I also added a few small epoxy stickers and highlighted the hearts with silver Stickles.

My next card is not so much about stamping, either. It's all about placements, composition... and balance
DSC_0937 (2)

I also utilize the Mini Hearts Outlines (die) and added a few small hearts as the embellishments.
DSC_0943
 ...I still like the hot mess look.
edited: sales alert---> Simon Says Stamp has a sale for a limited time only.

 click here to shop 
s

PS: This WPlus 9 Watercolored Anemones stamp and die combo set is $14.99 now!!
You can see my samples here. I highly recommend it.
 



7 comments:

Pam said...

Sweet card. Looks like a great kit.

Harriet said...

Oh, Virginia, you use it all and that's refreshing. I've never purchased a card kit. Your use of the elements is a real hint for all of us.

Karen B. said...

Perfect collage style on your last card!

Charlene said...

Beautiful as always!!

conil said...

Wonderful...you are SO ready for Valentine's Day. Love the way you altered that epoxy heart...it's so much better in pink. And your second card is so clean looking, even with all those elements. The the way you built your sentiment ROCKS.

Nora N. said...

Love, love, love these cards. I like that you used limited stamps but more fun ready-made embellishments. So fun!!

Varada said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing all the lovely ideas :-)