Thursday, February 11, 2016

TREATS-Inspired Card

Hello friends!
Once in a while, I think of certain food when I make cards!
 When I stared at the Doily Circle Die (Waffle Flower), I thought of the delicate Pizzelle cookies (see my food post here). I decided to have another play with it. This die is simply too "delicious". 
s
I decided to use it as a stencil AND use the die as well. This was the result.
xoxo
After I colored the doily die with Distress Inks. I purposely left the doily die a bit off set and let the white show through. I love the color combo of Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberries and Carved Pumpkin ( love the food names!). While I was at it, I added the scalloped border from Winnie & Walter's
xoxo (close-up)
I think if I don't already have this card blog, I would likely start a food blog... (just saying).
Well, something's gotta give, right? This card is IT.
Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Virginia! Love the colors you used and the beautiful effect from the die being a bit offset! ♥

Karen B. said...

Ooh I remember your posts about apple pie too! Such a gorgeous card Virginia!

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, inspiration can be found everywhere, especially in food! Love what you did with this beautiful die! Fabulous colors, too!

Mary-Anne V said...

So pretty...love the colours and the names are always so fun!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh how pretty! Love the happy colors!

Kelly Szafron said...

Lovely card!

conil said...

...that's because your a great cook. If I started a food blog, no one would ever look at it.
So glad that you used this die again, you reminded me it's been on my wish list for much too long. Looks beautiful in those lovely colores and the stencilling just makes it more usable. The scalloped swag is fabulous looking. Gorgeous card.

Harriet said...

This die sure does resemble a pizzelle, love your colors they remind me of sherbet. It's very cold today so sherbet would not be as tempting as a pizzelle.

honeybeelane said...

This is beautiful! :)

Annette Allen said...

wow love how you used this die and the color combo is perfect.. very pretty Virginia.

Lisa said...

My late Mother-in-law made Pizzelle cookies every Christmas! All of her grandkids loved them! This is delicate and lovely Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

Not only do I see the "pizzelle" inspiration here Virginia, but i smell them too ;o)
Beautiful card!!
xx

Miriam Prantner said...

I just love that doily and i love how you used it here. Slightly offset was just the right thing to do!