Sunday, February 28, 2016

Use Partial Embossing Folder

Hello friends! 
I am sharing another take on using Next Level Embossing Folder (Woven) from We R Memory Keeper.
s
Here's my previous card with this set.
thanks for everything
Today's card feature another way of using it.
MANY THANKS
Since this embossing folder has the 3D effect, it can "can be" overpowering and clash with the stamped design. 

Ding---> use embossing folder sparingly. They say "Less is more" and this applies to embossing folder. In this case, I used it as a frame (much like my previous design (see here). I hope that you try this perspective with your embossing folders.

The coloring is straightforward as I applied Distress Inks one little section at a time. I hope that you are not getting tired of seeing this embossing folder since I have more to come :)

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Niki G said...

I'm really needing these embossing folders! Totally love your idea, especially that basket for your gorgeous blooms!!

Teresa Doyle said...

Beautiful cards Virginia and I love this embossing folder. So pretty.

Karen B. said...

The partial embossing is such a cool idea and I really like the frame idea especially! Great cards!

Greta said...

Beautiful card & great idea, Virginia! I was just trying to decide whether or not to emboss a frame I cut, so now I'm going to look at my folders & see if 1 will work.

Harriet said...

Well done, Virginia, great card. I love this stamp and the frame is truly excellent. Beautiful.

walchowDesign said...

Love your creative way of using the embossing folder especially one with the basket, Virginia! It's going to be on my list!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful cards and ideas! Love to see al the ways to use these awesome embossing folders!

Happy Dance said...

Great idea, Virginia! I don't use embossing folders as often as I probably should...And I'm really liking these new Next Level ones. Your cards are lovely. The basket and frame add the most perfect touch of dimension to your pretty cards. So full of Springtime colors. Wonderful cards. Bev

Agata Dagmara Pfister said...

Beautiful card! Love your stamping and blending!

Annette Allen said...

always so clever.. both of your cards are amazing. thanks for the inspiration.

Dawn E said...

Great embossing folder!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving how you framed your image with that folder!