Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Use Those Pattern Paper and Embossing Folder

Hello friends!
I have two cards using the same stamp/die combo. 
The winter blah was starting to get to me. I was craving for COLORS and needed a quick fix. 
What can be better than using those pattern paper that I already have!?
on your birthday

From Simon Says Stamp, you can see the entire new release here
ss
Friendship Blooms Wafer Die and  Friendship Blooms

You can reserve this stamp and die combo set here.

I am not a strong advocate when it comes to stamp and die combo. BUT, this Spring Flower stamp/die combo is different. I highly recommend you to get the dies as well if you truly love the stamp set. To me, it really makes a difference.
for my friend on your birthday
 I did very little coloring and used sponges to ink up the petals lightly. I think the Ombre background (pattern paper) has so much going and I want to keep the Daffodil images simple.The dies really make this design a cinch to create--clean and uniform. I don't think my fussy cutting can ever surpass this.The great thing about this die is that it is super easy to line up. I am aweful for that, so this is definitely fool-proof.

My 2nd card took this stamp die to the Next Level (pun intended).
The embossing folder We R Memories Keepers' The Next Level Woven really comes in handy....
thanks-002
 
I hand cut (yes, you can do it ,too) the lilac paper and created a woven basket after dry-emboss it with Woven. Can you see the many possibilities for this embossing folder now?

thanks for everything

The daffodils were colored in Spectrum Noir Color Pencils with the Stumps and Gamsol. I prefer this method to copic-coloring. I felt that it is much easier and more forgiving for a novice color-er like myself. Plus, my copic selection is quite poor. Hmmm....let's not go there... :)
You can also tell that I had fun creating the woven basket.
 Thanks for sticking to this long post.

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

These are so pretty Virginia! That embossing folder is amazing!

frommycraftroom said...

Gorgeous

wienerhoneymooners said...

OH MY!!!!!! Just so INSPIRING Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the basket!

Teresa Doyle said...

These are both beautiful Virginia. I must use my coloured pencils and Gamsol soon. This is beautiful!
BTW, my Copic collection is pathetic right now. I am sure you STILL have more than me. So far I only have about 3 dozen! BUT, I am grateful for THAT!

Harriet said...

Your beautiful cards sure did my eyes a wonder. I love daffodils and I think these cards are terrific. Especially the basket...wow, Virginia, you might be in need of color but your creativity is in full bloom.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful cards, love the patterned paper background and the woven basket! Love the color combos you used too!

conil said...

Both of these cards are so fresh, Spring-like and colorful. Reminds me that Easter is right around the corner.

Charlene said...

SO pretty!!! I really love the 2nd one :-)

Eva Bussom said...

Enjoyed all of your designs, the basket card blew me away! Incredible cards! :) Eva

Lisa said...

These are both a breath of fresh spring air Virginia, so pretty!

Laura Bassen said...

LOVE your gorgeous daffodils on that bright pink ombre background!!! Perfect combination! Ok, so I've got some catching up to do over here:)

Renee said...

These are both super gorgeous Virginia! I LOVE how you used the embossing folder for the pot! I wish they weren't so expensive :( I need to find them on sale! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Dawn Turley said...

wow Virginia. both cards are so pretty. Love the spring look

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love your handcut basket! I have this folder but not really explored its full potential!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Miriam Prantner said...

The ombre on the first is gorgeous, but that basket, inspired! I love this!!!