Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Winnie & Walter Belated Birthday Bash Challenge (Take 1)

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a card that I created for the Winnie & Walter's challenge.  As you may know that I was their Leading Lady for last month's feature. After all the practice with their awesome supplies, I am really just getting into it! 

It never gets old or boring to play challenges, no matter how long I have been blogging and stamping. The theme really pushes you to do something different.
For their many challenges, I chose the "inlaid die cut" theme hosted by Mayuri. 
happy birthday
I love how neat and tidy look that the Inlaid Diecut technique gives! I started out with making my own watercolor paper with Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Creamsicle).

s


Once it's dried, I took out the diecut plate and ran it through Cuttlebug. I saves all the leaf pieces and then put it back in the white negative diecut like a puzzle. The gradient of colors give this design an instant impact. It was easy and effective.

close-up-001

I completed the design with a gold-embossed sentiment from The Big, The Bold and The Happy on vellum. That way, the lovely colors can still come through.
 Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and sunny!

Barb said...

The colors of those leaves are just gorgeous, V! Love this beautiful card! ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia your leaves are absolutely gorgeous! That colour--be still my heart!

Harriet said...

Your card is lovely. The colors--my, my--soft and beautiful. I am always amazed at your use of vellum. You truly make me realize old is new and the uses are beyond counting. Thank you Virginia.

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous.. that background is perfect.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your inlaid leaves, Virginia! So yummy with the gold embossed sentiment on vellum!!

Lisa said...

Such an elegant card, love the leaf color!!

Jacqueline said...

Love this one, Virginia, very happy!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome!!!!

Marianne said...

Love this. I've been playing with this die and was also thinking of using it for the inlaid die cut challenge.
Congrats on being picked as the March GD for PS! I just know you'll do great!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous ombre! Love this cutting plate!

Teresa Doyle said...

Virginia, this is just gorgeous. I LOVE an inlaid card and the gold just finishes it off in style! Great work!

Laura Bassen said...

this card and it's color make me so happy...just stunning!