Friday, February 19, 2016

Winnie & Walter Belated Birthday Bash Challenge (Take 2)

Hello there! 

 I am immensely inspired by the "Over the Edge" theme over Winnie & Walter. It is hosted by my dear friend Kelly Griglione.You should check out this challenge and look through the awesome entries!

I love this set "Happiest of Holidays" as it is more than just a stamp set for the holiday season. Look what I did and you'll see what I mean....
there is no place like home

You may remember my card with a similar design (see here). Well, this card was pretty much the same as the previous one. I simply applied ink and stamped over the stencil. Using part of the stencil (see supply link below) is another great way to stretch your supplies!

close-up

I had so much fun playing with the colorful bird house (it reminds me of Joseph's Technicolor Dreamcoat!!). As for the sentiment, I white-embossed the woodgrain in white and inked it up with Antique Linen. I then made the die cut. I love how the white showing through the woodgrain as it has such a realistic look!

Lastly, have you checked out latest release (see here)from Simon Says Stamp? 
 I have put these (Rose Gold EP, Choose Happy and Spring Flowers) on my shopping list!
 
Thanks for stopping by!


19 comments:

Lyndal said...

Super gorgeous Virginia!!!

Susi Kelly said...

Wow, Virginia, I absolutely LOVE how you used the W&W stencil - the word stamping over the tree image is brilliant!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love this colorful little house! If I were a bird I would want to live there! Your card is fantastic!

Karen B. said...

A fun colorful card!

Harriet said...

Charming, love the colors, the words on the tree and the bird house -- excellent. I sure appreciate you encouraging us to be more creative in the use of our "stuff".

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so sweet Virginia! Love the ink blending!

Linda S. said...

I really like the colorful birdhouse on your card. It's nice to see something different.

Charlene said...

I love all the happy colors, very pretty!

conil said...

So cool what you did with that stencil. The tree trunk is awesome and that amazing coloring on the birdhouse. And the sentiment look fantastic. Just an all around great card.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a beautiful card Virginia!
Love your design as well ;)

Lisa said...

Oh, I like this!! That little rainbow colored birdhouse and the woodgrain die cute sentiment are delightful!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful card! Love how you did the tree and that birdhouse pops of so perfectly!!

Anita in France said...

Oh, I love that little rainbow coloured bird house, Virginia ... so brilliant with that cool tree and woodgrain sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Virginia, your card makes me smile - it's such a cutie!
The colors and techniques fits perfect and I love how you involved the sentiment into the whole tree. - Home isn't only a house, it's also the street or the area you live in, the community of family and friends (like your tree)... It's also a feeling, the joy of rainbow-colores (your birdhouse)...


Thanks for your nice comment on my blog :-) Made my day!
Everything is ok here... the usual chaos with 3 kids, a cat and a hubby ;-)

Greetings from my home to yours,
Wiebke

Teresa Doyle said...

My this card is sweet. Love the sentiment with the birdhouse. Too CUTE!

Kelly Griglione said...

Yay, Virginia! You totally rock the birch tree/bird house/text designs ... love this one and the one you created for your w&w guesting. It's such a fun, happy, whimsical card. You have a way with color, which matches your personality so well : ) xo

Big hugs,
Kelly

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how the words show through in the stencil, so cool!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you stretch your supplies, Virginia...you think of the most clever ways to do that! Another gorgeous card...I'm really loving this darling birdhouse, too :)

Misty Elam said...

How cool is this?!? I've never seen anyone do this before. The stamping over the stenciled part. What a clever idea!! I'm learning all kinds of stuff from your blog tonight... lol
I love the rainbow birdhouse too. =) Another creative, beautiful card, Virginia