Thursday, February 25, 2016

Winnie & Walter Belated Birthday Bash Challenge (Take 4)

Hello, friends!

I am sharing another card for Rainbow theme over Winne & Walter. If you have sunglasses with you, please feel free to wear it!

Can you believe that I used just one house stamp to create the entire background?
hello
I have always wanted to stamp these house images in rainbow colors as soon as I got a hold of this stamp set Our Town (edited).  Even though this set was a winter holiday set, you can still use this awesome stamp set! To kick it up a notch, I did multiple colors on each house. If you look closely, most houses have up to 3 shades of colors. I simply stamped the images with Distress Inks. With the help of MISTI, this is a rather easy task to do.

DSC_0964 (1)

I decided to use a simple sentiment (first stamped in Onyx Black and then clear-embossed). I find that my fussy-cut hello sentiment makes the design more polished and defined. It sure is worth the effort! I added messy gold thread and sequins to finish off this happy design.

You don't need a ton of stamps to make a good design. Repeated stamping does the trick!
But then why!? The more, the merrier, right? :)
Thanks for stopping by! 

edited: thank you for correcting me, Marianne, about the stamp set. Obviously, too many stamps were on my mind... :) 

19 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Just gorgeous. I love getting a new misti idea, too!

conil said...

What a great background. You're really on a tear producing these happy and colorful cards. Your really must be ready for Spring.

Karen B. said...

So bright and happy. Yay!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the coloring on these houses!

Shelly said...

Beautiful background!!
LOVE this!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Oh I love this card Virginia! It makes me think of the potato-stamps I use to make when I was a child, it is the same kind of effect but ofcourse your card is clearly more grown-up than that! Beautiful!!

Karen Petitt said...

What a gorgeous happy creation Virginia! Love it! Really cheering on a rough and dull day Karen x

Barb said...

I love your colorful houses, Virginia! Such a bright and happy card! ♥

Annette Allen said...

awesome card.. i love all the color you added.

Harriet said...

Colorful and happy....a great card for a new home.

Marianne said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous.
I do think, though, that you mixed up the stamp sets, since the Happiest of Holidays stamp set only contains 2 bird houses.

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic cheerful card!

Lin said...

Oh this is yummy, V! Love your gorgeous rainbow village!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you blended your distress inks on these cute houses, Virginia! Such a fun way to create a background, and your fussy cut sentiment is fabulous! Such a happy card!

Lisa said...

So much cuteness!!

jan metcalf said...

Pure joy, pretty little houses!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those colorful houses! Wonderful background!

Laura Bassen said...

Oh glorious color on those houses!!! Love it!

Team Clark said...

Oh my what a brilliant idea and result! Truly gorgeous!!!