Thursday, February 4, 2016

Working with a Large Stamp

Hello friends!
I don't know about you, but sometimes I get a bit intimidated about using a larger size stamp.
close-up (Lots of love)
 Today's card is a bit like that.
a

Previously, I made a card with the right bottom rose image (see below).
*click on the photo and it will take you to the post*
close-up
This time, I used the biggest one in the set. I decided to emboss the entire image on vellum and add colors.
DSC_0900 (4)
This card looks very ornate and detailed. It looks more complicated than it really is. All I did was white-embossing and then I took out my very basic set of Zig markers and colored the images on the back of the vellum. That took about 5 minutes! The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and then cleared-embossed with the help of MISTI.
DSC_0932
In order to let the image show through, I looked long and hard for a piece of pattern paper and I think this one from Basic Grey seemed to be a perfect fit.

I hope this inspired you to try using larger stamps in a different way.
Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Suchi said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! :)
Suchi xx

Brenda said...

Simply stunning and very elegant Virginia!

Dawn Turley said...

wow Virginia. You've made a stunner here. LOVE it

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love what you created!

Pam said...

This is stunning! Love it!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Virginia! I especially love that lacey background peeking through!!

Shelly said...

Absolutely, stunning!! Love!

Karen B. said...

Absolutely beautiful as usual!

jan metcalf said...

Very pretty!

Marcie Sharp said...

Oh this is SO pretty Virginia! I love it.

Jane said...

Stunning Virginia!!
(Icommented the other day under MooMoo, but for some reason it didn't like my sign in the next time, so now under Jane) :-)

Barb said...

Delicate, elegant and stunning, Virginia! I ADORE this card! ♥

Harriet said...

Perfect fit for Basic Grey is an understatement. Your card is gorgeous. I have done embossing on vellum but not as striking as yours. And, yes, large stamps are intimidating.

Monika Reeck said...

FANTASTIC
I adore the one with the gold embossing
looks so soft Virgina
Adorable post
I was aways in Indonesia 26 days and starte to sortiere meine Sache
nun habe ich IKEA Schrank
wenn du meine neue Post ansehen moechte
dort habe ich meine Crafting Raum Fotos anzeigen :)
ich habe dich vermiss
Liebe Gruesse
Monika

Charlene said...

Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous~~~!!!!

conil said...

Perfect. Just plain perfect. Love the embossed and colored vellum but, to take it one step further and mount it on patterned paper...it just enhances and makes an already delicate stamp look more delicate.

Teresa Doyle said...

Gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Yes Virginia, this is beautiful! :)

Annette Allen said...

WOW this card is stunning.. your amazing.. i love it

Lisa said...

I see no sigh of intimidation here Virginia, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Мария Доричева Maria Doricheva said...

What a beauty, Virginia! Great results! Hugs from Russia.

Elainej said...

Very elegant and lovely. Hugs from Southern California USA
Elainej at StampNation

donna mikasa said...

Swooooooning here! This is so gorgeous, Virginia! I always forget to color the back of vellum--thanks for the reminder and inspiration!