Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #358


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Touchy Feely (add texture)

 We are using My Favorite Things products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 For my project, I decided to use  fun foam, glitter, vellum and glitter paper to create subtle texture for this CAS design. Initially I was going to use felt for the sun. However, my felt order did not arrive in time as I post this card...so I shall create with felt soon!

Each Day Brings New Hope
About this card:
~die cut the sun with fun foam with Sunny Skies, add glitter
~ink up the Flourish with Alcohol Ink and Blending Solution 
~for edging, die cut the sentiment with Zig Zag Stitched Squares
~sentiment is from Spring Tulips (MFT)
~DCWV Glitzy Glitter Paper was added to highlight the sentiment.
 

Today's post also marks my 2000th post ( yes, you read that right...two thousandth-->gasp!!). Time flies when you are having fun!
There will be another giveaway in the near future :) 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


17 comments:

richardbreaks said...

I'm glad your felt didn't show....I LOVE the foam sun! Great card.

diana said...

Congrats on 2000! ;-)

Shelly said...

This is so bright and happy!! Love! And 2000th post?!!...Wow! Congrats!! :)

Karen B. said...

Can't wait to try and play with this challenge! Your card is so bright and happy!!

Lin said...

Wonderful texture, V! And a happy card, love that shiny sun!

Lorraine A said...

Summer is almost here!! you have captured the whole season here! the sun is fabulous and I love the windy swirl and beachy/sea panel :-)

luv
Lols x x x

conil said...

You're really added a big dose of PUNCH to this lovely card. All that yummy texture is so appealing.

Harriet said...

Today we are enjoying sunshine, unfortunately yesterday we had snow and gloom. I looked at the sun on your card and looked out the window and smiled. This is a wonderful uplifting card.

alexandra s.m. said...

Yummmm....my kind of cards!
Love how happy it is as well and congrats on your 2000th post!
So funny, I'm getting there, I noticed that the other day ;)
Hugs~

Cindy C. said...

How delightful, the flourish looks like blowing wind delivering new hope!!

D.Ann C said...

Simply lovely!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

2000th post?! Amazing, Virginia! Darling sun card too!!

Toni said...

Congratulations on 2,000 post. Lovely work!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Virginia! Love the wonderful design!!

Congrats on 2000 posts!! Whew!! :)

hugs...

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! 2000! I just broke 1000 a while back, it's going to take me a LONG time to catch up! Love the mix of elements here! Sparkle on the sun, watercoloring, vellum, great card!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Lovely card, Virginia! I love how you added sparkle to the sun :D

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on hitting 2000 posts! I love all the texture on your card--that glitzy sun is awesome!