Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #359


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Touchy Feely Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

A Bit O' Green

 We are using Clearly Besotted products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)
For my GREEN card, I used Miniature Floral II to stamp my design. 

s


After gold embossing and fussy cutting, I colored the images lightly with Spectrum Aqua Markers. Although it is a lot more work to fussy cut the embossed design, the result does pay off.  I used just two floral stamps for this design.
just a note

The delicate flowers, leaves, stems and branch really come through with the fussy cutting.
 To go with the theme, I used predominately green for this card. I love "movement" in my designs and it seems that splattering can give this kind of effect. 


As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

 You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, if you have some time, please stop by Paper Smooches Blog.

  This Virginia is the March Guest Designer!!  My blog post will come up later today!


19 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful!!

alexandra s.m. said...

STUNNING Virginia!!

richardbreaks said...

You've done it again!! How gorgeous. The green makes me long for spring!

Cindy C. said...

So beautiful!! Love the gold embossing, fantastic watercolours, and yes the speckle is a mighty fine finishing touch!!

Rema said...

Virginia this is stunning! Love the delicately colored flowers.

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous..

Barb said...

Virginia, I love how you incorporated that beautiful, soft green into your design! Gorgeous card, my friend! ♥

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Virginia, the gold embossing and delicate colours are so pretty and look fabulous with the splattered background, very lovely :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous florals, I love how the dark green base really highlights the softness of the embossed images!

conil said...

Absolutely love it when you color on vellum. I'd say you do it perfectly. What a beautiful, happy card.

Harriet said...

Beautiful Virginia. I so appreciate the way you use vellum. Especially on this card, the flowers are so lovely.

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, fabulous gold embossing with stunning glowersalong with fabulous flowers!!

hugs
Heather xx

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Beautiful design, Virginia! LOVE the gold embossing :D


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa said...

Delicate and lovely!!

Lin said...

A beautiful crisp design, Virginia - love the sweet little flower sprigs!

Gayatri said...

I LOVE the gold embossing. Gold makes everything look beautiful :) Beautiful card, Virginia!
Gayatri xx

Dawn Turley said...

WOW. Stunning flowers Virginia. So delicate. I thought you'd done them on vellum.

maria f. said...

Fabulously dreamy!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Pure gorgeousness!