Thursday, March 31, 2016

You are Special

Hello friends!
s

I am popping in to share a card from this stamp set "Gentle Day" (Penny Black).
 As you can see, this stamp set has many ornate images. I chose to start with a collage-like stamp.

And then....this Mermaid Seashell Magicals ( Lindy's Stamp Gang)
s
About the Magicals: a unique product containing a powdered pigment stain that activates with water, with a burst of mica shimmer for ooomph!!

I used my Tim Holtz Detailed Waterbrush with a touch of the powder and set to color...
This is the result after coloring.
you are so special

Pretty neat and straightforward, right? I fussy cut  and popped up the birdie. This serves an good focus for the design. I am sure that I will continue to use this new "magicals" medium to add colors and shine.
On a side note: I am recovering from dental surgery (Gum Grafting) performed yesterday. I almost chickened out and wanted to cancel the surgery. Dr. John urged me to " Please just get this done".  I was SO anxious and nervous about the surgery that I didn't sleep much the night before... In the end, the hour-long surgery went smoothly. I survived!!!! My gum is swollen and in recovery, as you can imagine. Yup, soft food diet for a week--not fun!  No doubt that the inconvenience and discomfort will prolong my health in general.
 I did it!
We really need to take good care of our health. I thought that I'd share this as a reminder.
 Off to take my medicine now...

Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code: 5CASH to get $5 off (expires April.15).

edited: April Fool's Day special! 
US shoppers: use code APRFREE to get free shipping with any purchase of $75or more.
International shoppers: use code APRSAVE to get $7.99 off with any purchase of $75or more.
s
 
This deal expires on Sunday (April 3rd)! Shop here.


9 comments:

Lin said...

So glad to see these powders being used, V (I got the same colors). They look like lots of fun to play with. And OUCH about your surgery; so glad you went through with it - wishing you an easy recovery now. Sending along some hugs!

Karen B. said...

I had a graft done as well...so happy I did. Beautiful card!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Glad you are doing well!

Nora N. said...

My mother had this surgery multiple times when she was alive. It stinks now but you will be happy you did it. LOVE the card you created. The powder you used is so pretty and I am in love with the pretty colors.

Lisa said...

This is dreamy Virginia!! Such a pretty card!!

conil said...

I'll bet this card just glows in real life. Of course the image is beautiful as all Penny Black's are, but how you structured the card and popped up that lovely bird really makes it sing.
Dental surgery is never fun but I'm thrilled that you came through it well. You'll heal completely in no time.

Harriet said...

Your card is beautiful, another Penny Black winning stamp.

Lynn said...

So glad that your surgery went well Virginia and I hope the recovery is continuing to go well. So many gorgeous details in your card. The image is amazing.

Andrea1702 said...

Beautiful card! I hope you feel better soon!