Thursday, April 14, 2016

Color-Layering

Hello friends!
s
The Unfolding (Penny Black)

I don't know about you...but I don't like to play by rules--with stamping, that is.
Today's card will explain....
The Best Thing ...

Instead of stamping it straight as a single image, I opted to stamp a floral border. Meanwhile, can you see the gradient and shades of the flowers? Yeah, this is when the magic of MISTI comes in.
I don't have a mini MISTI and am content with the large size. I love the ease of moving my paper around to fit my stamps (and vice versa). For that reason, the larger size of MISTI works well with me. 
DSC_0101
I stamped each flower at least 4-5 times and each time with a variation of inks. As long as the colors are in the same family, it will blend very nicely. I started out with stamping the flowers in light pink, then light yellow, then light orange and then coral....and so on. The same principle applies to the branches.

Not only I don't like to play by rules, I also like to create "drama", hence the ink splatter!! The Splatter Effect creates interest and movement. It makes the design come alive! While I was finishing up the card, I decided to add a piece of embossed vellum (with Woven Embossing Folder).

Here is my previous version with the same stamp.
I treasure your friendship
 I hope that you find this way of stamping fun and inspiring.
 Thanks for stopping by!

Edited: I am having a link-up party over Virginia's View Challenge. Yup, let's have some party fun! Please see details here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Extra extra!! For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code FLASH to get 20% off Simon Says Stamp products! Hurry, this weekend only!  off (expires April 15).



19 comments:

Rahmat said...

I have to agree with that no rule for stamping Virginia,I do what I want to do, after all there is no defined rules for stamping. I LOVE your choice of colors on this card for the flowers, very eye catching colors, and the vellum addition is great.

Dawn Turley said...

Love it when you don't play by the rules Virginia. It always results in something amazing. Awesome colours choice and love how you made the frame with the flowers. The splatter is a great finishing touch.

Susi K. said...

This looks so fabulous in the light coral colour, Virginia! Love how you used the stamp to frame that sweet sentiment, too.

Helen Gullett said...

I love your card a lot! It is so amazing seeing how you can layer colors like that. I also love my bit MISTI :)

Karen B. said...

Oh goodness. These are beyond gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous layered flowers, Virginia! So fun what you can achieve playing around with the MISTI - love mine too!!

Harriet said...

By playing by your own rules...you rule. This card is lovely. I am so happy to see and read that by using colors in the same family you can achieve such a beautiful card. Thank you.

Lea Brawn said...

Stunning cards. X

alexandra s.m. said...

You are such an inspiration my Friend!
I ADORE this new card of yours!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that soft peachy color and the vellum just makes it that much lovelier!

conil said...

This is just plain elegant. Love those colors you chose to make the border & the black splatters. It's exquisite and that strip of vellum adds so much.

conil said...

Oh dear, I must be going blind...those splatters are green...and perfect. Forgive me?

Debbie Gaetz said...

The no rule works so much better!

Lisa said...

This is STUNNING!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Really gorgeous card, Virginia! I love the soft color palette, and the font on the sentiment is so pretty! Looks like your MISTI is really getting a workout :)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, Virginia! What a lovely way to say "friend"!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous sentiment Virginia, and a gorgeous card

Erum said...

stunning!

Helen F. said...

What a GORGEOUS card, Virginia! I love this technique and now I want a MISTI :-)