Monday, April 11, 2016

Coloring Detailed Stamps with Distress Crayons

Hello friends!
s
 Gentle Day! (Penny Black)

Are you ready for a super bright card? Perhaps you should get the sun glasses on this time...
I can not say enough how vibrant the Distress Crayons are, especially with this set that I am using. I am in the process of getting my 2nd set of Distress Crayons.

DSC_0079 (1)
I used nearly every image from this set (except the bird collage stamp).

 I stamped and colored the images like I normally would. However, the crayons are not as pliable as the usual color pencils or markers. To make the messy look a bit less out of control, I stamped the roses multiple times with the help of MISTI after coloring. Even though the colors are uneven, you can still see the outlines of the stamped images. That way, it is more polished and refined.

you brighten my day

I truly enjoy using new ways of using my craft supplies and am always on the look out for "what works"! Hope you like my share in this blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code: 5CASH to get $5 off (expires April 15).

15 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

A beautiful stamp set which you have used to perfect. The bright colours are fabulous.

Helen Gullett said...

Beautiful coloring, Virginia. I love the Bright color set of these distress crayons.

creatingincolors said...

I appreciate the idea on how to use the Distress Crayons, as I haven't really gotten the exciting results with them that I had anticipated. I'll give this a try.

Becca Cruger said...

Stunningly perfect!

Marybeth said...

Absoultly gorgeous!

Harriet said...

I'm glad to read you like the crayons..interesting product. Your card is bright and beautiful. Since sun is shining in my window, your colors are exactly right for this day. I like bright, perhaps I'm tiring of muted pastel colors...don't know. Thank you.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so beautiful! Love the versatility of these crayons!

conil said...

LOVIN' that color. Looks extra special with the black sentiment.

Kara Lynne said...

I love your gorgeous, bright blooms! Your combination of colors is wonderful!

Lisa said...

Bright and beautiful!! Love the gold twine you added!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those bright colors and the contrast of the boac sentiment piece.

Greta said...

Fun seeing what the new crayons can do--beautiful card, Virginia!

Charlene said...

Another beauty!!!!!

Lea Brawn said...

Fabulous card x