Friday, April 22, 2016

Combining the Use of Stencil and Small Stamps

Hello friends!
I hope today's post get your creative juices flowing....
Ding---->Have you ever combined stencil and stamps in your project? Previously I had made a card with the same idea (see here)

What you do: find a large open area in your stencils and start stamping (see the following example)
With this stencil
s
 Woodcut Roses (Stencil Girl)

and this stamp....
s
 Paper Hugs (Simon Says Stamp)


You will achieve this!
Birthday Wishes

The key is plan out the stenciled area ahead. Once it's stenciled, you can stamp the small hearts with the stencil in place!
DSC_0109

 I toned down the bright and vibrant colors with a few splatter of white paint. It's good have an uncontrolled element (such as ink splatter) to add motion and interest!

Lastly, some exciting and fun new release from Simon Says Stamp are now available.

s

And there are class sales over Craftsy (see here).
s

 I hope you find this post fun and inspiring!
Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

Joan B said...

very creative idea and a gorgeous execution of it. this is fabulous Virginia!

Lin said...

Sweet!

Marcie Sharp said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this card. So fun and pretty for someone to receive.

Nora N. said...

How cool is this? I have done this but only with a background stencil. I am going to have to try it with shape!! LOVE this technique!!

conil said...

Fabulous idea...and so beautiful when finished. Love this card...one of my many favorites of yours.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the stamping in those flowers!

Harriet said...

A truly lovely card. Your colors are spectacular. This stencil is really great. Adding the white spots is brilliant and now I understand why ... adds interest and movement. Brilliant. Oh boy do I love the sequins.

Becca Cruger said...

Such a cute idea with such amazing results! Love the folksy, whimsical feel of this!

LauraJane:) said...

i DO LOVE this technique!!

Lisa said...

Vibrant, happy and pretty Virginia!!

Greta said...

Bright & beautiful, Virginia--brilliant idea I never thought of!

Dotty said...

Very ingenious, it has a very pretty effect. I love stencils and now you have just sent me off on a new tangent. lol Thanks Dotty

Helen Gullett said...

Virginia, you are very creative with stencil! Love the result on your card for sure :D So beautiful!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh my, what a wonderful way to dress up a stenciled image! I love your bright, beautiful card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the stamped hearts over the stencil, Virginia!!

Laura Bassen said...

layering stencils=genius!