Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Create Water-like Background with Alcohol Inks

Hello friends!
I have this stamp set "Color Layering Gold Fish" from Hero Arts for a while now.
s
I finally got around to experiment and play. This is one of the great sets for stamp-layering from Hero Arts. I had the vision of creating Japanese Koi Fish with this stamp set

. This Koi fish photo was taken by Dr. John.
Bellagio (Conservatory & Botanical Garden) Hotel, Las Vegas ( April 2015).

I set out to stamp the gold fish on a piece of vellum. I did some white embossing with the outline stamps for the larger goldfish.  I then colored the gold fish with Spectrum Aqua Markers. You can use copic markers, Distress Markers for this purpose. I colored the finer details with the small tips of the Spectrum Aqua Markers on the front. And for the brighter color of the fish body, I colored the back of the vellum. 

just keep swimming

It is very subtle, but did you notice I did a Golden Antique embossing on the fish faces/heads? After coloring the gold fish, I swiped Alcohol Inks and Blending solution on the back of the vellum.

2016-04
 Embossing the gold fish twice seem a bit excessive, but really, that's how you get the details and make the images shine, right? This stamp set  can be used in so many creative ways. I can't wait to try out other techniques!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Such a fun card, V! Love those fabulous, brightly colored fish! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning card Virginia. These fish are beautiful

genfur said...

Gorgeous!

DJ said...

What a beautiful card! Did you make a video of you making it? Thank you for sharing your techniques and creativity!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous card! I love it!

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done!!

conil said...

Yikes. Seen this stamp used before but nrver so effectively. Your card is truly magnificent. Love the contrast of the blue and orange but what makes it so special is all the detail you added.

Shelly said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!

Harriet said...

Your fish are excellent. I think your use of vellum and alcohol ink is very creative. The eyes of the fish are realistic. Lovely card.

Miriam Prantner said...

The double embossing looks amazing as does the water! Very cool!

alexandra s.m. said...

OH my! What a treat!!
These stamps are so unique and beautiful and what you have created here is just marvelous!
Bravo Virginia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your layered goldfish, Virginia, and the background looks amazing!!