Sunday, April 3, 2016

Customized Thank-You Cards

Hello friends!
First of all, thank you for putting up with my April Fool's Day post.  Wow, I didn't think for a moment that it's gonna "fly" because my statement was so outlandish...Many of you actually "bought it"! I am so touched by your response and love. To those who left me a sweet comment, you totally make me smile! Growing up in Taiwan, I never had the "pleasure" of playing this type of jokes. This is my first time doing such a prank! I guess that I am just "catching up" for the lost time and getting my fix on your expense :)

 Once in a while, I get requests from my friends for cards. I made set of birthdays, sympathy and all occasion cards before.
DSC_0952 (2)
This time my walking buddy Maria asked me for thank-you cards. Specifically, Maria wants to have the word "Grazie" in it. You see, Maria is a professor and just recently, she was nominated for an international award! She wants to thank the people who nominate her with a card.  It makes totally sense since Maria takes her college students to Italy for field study every year.

So, I took out my stash and got creative. I wanted to keep the design minimal, clean and professional.
Grazie

I started off with the gold-embossing. This LOVELY gondola stamp was my purchase while we traveled in Venice in 2014. It was more like a souvenir (it was about $18US!!) and this is the perfect chance to use it. I then stamped the Basic Stripes (from Simon Says Stamp) in assorted blue inks.
s

 Then I added shading in yellow and orange. I used a piece of paper to cover the blue stripes. I took out the perfect sentiment "Big Thanks" (from CAS-ual Fridays) to complete the design. 

close-up-002

Maria absolutely loved the card set that I custom-made for her! I love the result, too. Isn't this the beauty of hand-made cards? I think so! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code: 5CASH to get $5 off (expires April.15).
April Fool's Day special! 
US shoppers: use code APRFREE to get free shipping with any purchase of $75or more.
International shoppers: use code APRSAVE to get $7.99 off with any purchase of $75or more.
s
 
This deal expires on Sunday (April 3rd) later tonight! Shop here.

13 comments:

Greta said...

Oh how perfect for your friend's thank you cards, Virginia! Love the colors & design & how fun to use the stamp you bought in Italy!

Dawn Turley said...

what an awesome design Virginia. No wonder she liked it.

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful design. She is sure to love them.

Christy Q said...

Stunning card, Virginia! Beautifully CAS and powerful. The gondola image is just too sweet!

Lynn said...

Wow! What a stunning design...I'm sure she was thrilled. The scene you created is amazing Virginia.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are gorgeous!mlove that burst of orange!

Harriet said...

Yes, beautiful. It's the stripes, Virginia, you created a lovely, lovely "look". I often purchase items you suggest and these stripes are one I took your advice and have used many, many times. Thank you for your inspiration, creativity and each and every card you share.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your gondola with the stripes for water - very cool, Virginia!!

conil said...

Amazing set of cards. That gondola is worth its weight in gold (pun intended). Looks gorgeous with that sky and canal you created. Maria is a lucky gal to have you as a friend.

Lisa said...

Love the scene Virginia, I'll bet our friend was thrilled to have these beauties!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Virginia! I love your creative use of the stamp set! Wonderful, bright, happy colors, and fantastic scene! Hugs, de

Miriam Prantner said...

Great set of cards I love all those horizontal strips for the water and the gorgeous inking!

maria f. said...

Now that is a wonderful story - you must be so proud to have made such a gorgeous design for the occasion. I'd say your card is spot on. Hope "the other Maria" thought so too ;)