Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Distress Crayons + Vellum = ?

Hello friends! This is my 2nd post today.
If you like to see "Large Stencil and Small Stamps", please click here.

Close-up #1
I love vellum, I love trying distress Crayons....
and I love this cling stamp from Penny Black.
s
Butterfly Charmer  
(they are  JUST back in stock over Simon Says Stamp)

....and this is the result
hello

After white-embossing the entire stamp on vellum, I colored the butterflies with Distress Crayons. I tried coloring on both sides of vellum and they all worked! I used my tip of my finger to spread the colors of Distress Crayons.

close-up #2
This card looks complicated, but it really is not! With the right supplies, anyone can create!
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code: 5CASH to get $5 off (expires April.15).
Hurry .... if you like this stamp before it goes out of stock again....
You can buy it here.


11 comments:

Lisa said...

What pretty butterflies Virginia! This is so elegant and delicate!

Suchi said...

Beautiful card Virginia! :)
Suchi xx

Greta said...

I wasn't sure how I'd use that large stamp, but you've made me want to get it now, Virginia! Gorgeous card--love white embossing on vellum & your choice of colors is wonderful!

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. Gorgeous stamp... like Greta wasn't sure if I's use this stamp but you have shown it can be so versatile. Just gorgeous.

Harriet said...

Your butterflies are excellent. I've not seen the crayons as yet; however, I imagine they made an interesting tool. Your colors simply glow...beautiful card.

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! This is beautiful card with embossing and distress crayons! I love the idea... Gotta try it! Thanks for the tip :)

LauraJane:) said...

I often forget how beautiful colored Vellum is...thanks for the reminder!

conil said...

Wow...this is just gorgeous. Love that stamp, of course, but the way you're using it is extraordiarily beautiful.

Annette Allen said...

wow totally gorgeous.. i have got to try those crayons.

Miriam Prantner said...

stunning! Love how you colored the butterflies!

Jean Bullock said...

This is awesome. Definitely need to get some of those distress crayons to try out this technique. You showed the products off beautifully!