Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Large Stencil and Little Stamps

Hello friends!
If the title of this post intrigues you, then come on in and see what it's all about....
I recently got this lovely floral stencil from Stencil Girl. This company is new to me. You can check out the fine selections here.

s

Woodcut Roses
 ( this stencil measures 6"x 6",7 mil mylar stencil that is thick enough to be durable and long lasting, yet they are thin enough to provide a seamless look. Made in USA)
I have never worked with stencils that have such a large open area. Other than the conventional way of stenciling, I thought of another way of using it with small size stamps. 
s

I chose Birthday Flowers set from Simon Says Stamp for my experiment. 
 This is the result.
a little bit of sunshine

About this card:
~cover the upper stencil with thin paper to avoid smudges and contamination
~stamp the small flowers on all the open area with various inks and colors
~apply and blend inks to the area that do not get stamped
~dress up the flower center with various sequins
~stamp dots on top to create interest
~stamp sentiment on pattern paper and arrange accordingly

DSC_0057 (2)

I hope that you are inspired with large stencils and small-size stamps. Perhaps this will prompt you to look at your stencils in a different way!?  I appreciate your continuing support and feedback. You have encouraged me to share my ideas freely right here in this blog.

Thanks for stopping by! 
 For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code: 5CASH to get $5 off (expires April.15).



17 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool idea - I love the texture from the little stamped flowers, Virginia!!

Joan B said...

genius!! this is gorgeous and so creative

Dotty Jo x said...

Simply stunning! You are so creative and you understand colour so well, Jo x

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. I love the way you used your small stamps with the large stencil. I've done this before and it really is effective

Miriam Prantner said...

I haven't seen that stencil, but I love the big bold flower, so pretty!

Nan G said...

Now that is a cool idea! Love the way the flower looks. I will definitely be trying this with my stencils. Thank you for sharing!

pcm said...

so creative and what a lovely result!

Lin said...

What a fantastic idea, V, and the results are wonderful! You chose the perfect colors, too! Well done, little sis!

LauraJane:) said...

Was wondering how you got the cool color pattern going with that stencil...amazing what those tiny stamps can do:)) I LOVE the colors and the dots at the top are simply Splendid!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous design and wonderful colors, Virginia. The sentiment, though, is my favorite part! Sweet and brings the attention to the happy colors! hugs, de

conil said...

LOve your fearless approach to creativity. This technique is both unique and gorgeous. The outcome of that stencilled flower is kind of ethereal and dreamy. Wonderful card.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Oh wow, this is awesome! This dot stamp from the kit is so versatile, thank you for thinking 'out of the box'..literally ;-)

Niki G said...

Beautiful! Love the texture created with using the various stamps in the stencil! I would've never guessed had I not read the technique...so cool!

Harriet said...

What an excellent idea.....flowers within a flower. This stencil is really interesting; however, the texture you achieved "flowers within a flower" and the dots add interest and is very visually soothing. Thank you.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Virinia!

GeeCee said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you incorporate the little flowers within the largers flower...what a great idea!! It gives the larger flower texture. Thanks Virginia!

Lisa said...

Lovely card Virginia!!