Friday, April 15, 2016

Penny Black Fun Fridays Feature

Hello friends!


It's an exciting day in this old blog here. I am sharing my guest design work over Penny Black! I blog about Penny Black products so very often and it really is an honor to be featured today.

Here are my 3 cards made with Tiger Lily II as focal point and Butterfly Charmer as the background. The first part is about creating the Tiger Lily die.
a trio of cards

Since it is a rather large die,  I thought I would share my step by step process with you. 
PB Friday Friends Feature ( Apr

1. make die cut with Tiger Lily II with watercolor paper ( Canson 110 lb was used here). Cover up the stems and leaves with low-tack Washi Tape
2-4.  ink up the Tiger Lilies with Distress Ink with paint brush and acrylic blocks
PB Friday Friends Feature ( Apr1

5. spray color mist (Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Creamsicle) over the Tiger Lilies to add extra colors/splatter
6. while the images were slightly wet,  add Perfect Pearl for the shine
7. dab some more color with TH Distress Crayons for contrast and vibrancy
8. work on the stems and leaves (photos not shown here)
For the 2nd part, I worked on the butterfly background.  As you can see, Butterfly Charmer is a large background stamp, but that doesn’t mean you have to use the entire stamp. I opted for “Selective/Partial Stamping”. The following photos will help you see how I created a colorful background. You can achieve a similar result by inking up part of the stamp.
PB Friday Friends Feature ( Apr2
1. line up the stamp with paper with a stamping tool (such as MISTI)
2. stamp the image, cut off the portion that you want to stamp
3. remove the top portion
4. stamp with yellow
5. stamp again with pink. Remove the bottom piece of paper
With a small strip of pattern paper, sequins and sentiment from Special Thoughts, you can create 3 special handmade cards.
(Thanks for all you do)
thanks for all you do.

( wishing you a very Happy Birthday)
wishing you a very happy birthday

( you brighten my day)
you brighten my day
It is so rewarding to see the project come to fruition. The stamps and die are so beautifully designed that anyone can easily create these cards. I hope this post inspires you to get creative with a large die such as Tiger Lily II. I would love that you stop by Penny Penny Black Blog  and leave me some love.

Extra extra!! For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code FLASH to get 20% off Simon Says Stamp products! Hurry, this weekend only (expires 11: 59am, April 17 Eastern Time).
Also, there is a link-up party over Virginia's View Challenge. Yes, I am back (sort of)! Please see details here. 

 The comment feature in this post has been disabled.