Thursday, April 28, 2016

Simon Says Stamp May 2016 Card Kit

Hello hello! 
s
I finally got my May Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp and cracked it open and PLAYED!
What can I tell ya, this kit is so cute and fun! 
 You can get your regular monthly subscription here.
s
It just makes you happy when you stare at the cute smiley faces with this "Happy Days" set. This kit also comes with a nifty Sakura Glue Roller Pen which I found super handy to use with the sequins! 

I choose Joy
I adore the plaid pattern paper that comes in this kit and chose the brightest one to work with. I white-embossed the images and then colored on the back of vellum with Spectrum Aqua Markers. Those sequins are perfectly matched with the pattern paper. This card is easily one of the happiest cards I have ever made :) 
DSC_0200
Of course, I have more versions from this card kit to come!
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp, the code "REFRESH" ($5 off) still works!
There are some really great sales (see here), too!

9 comments:

Suchi said...

Such a cute release- I LOVE the card! :)
Suchi xx

Cindy C. said...

Such a happy card!! That is a cute kit!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your happy card Virginia! Such a great message. And as you already know, I love this stamp set too! :) Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog and I hope you are well too. Miss you! xoxo

conil said...

This card just makes me smile when I look at it. Love the spot coloring of the vellum. It really pops against that lovely plaid background.

Keren Baker said...

This is a seriously cute card! I love the overlay and you've got such depth of colour on your vellum! Adore the look of the kit too!

Harriet said...

April showers bring May flowers so this kit is sure right on the mark. Your use of the paper especially the blue cloud area is spot on. Cute cards. Again vellum, I think your use of vellum is very creative.

Karen B. said...

So bright and fun!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your smiling cloud and kite, Virginia - so sweet with the plaid behind and all the colorful sequins!!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. Love the soft colours on your vellum