Sunday, April 10, 2016

Stamping with Distress Inks

Hello friends!
s
The Unfolding (Penny Black)

I love using Distress Inks for stamping, especially on a stamp like this one.
For my project, I used watercolor paper. After I inked up the paper, I sprayed a spritz of water. 
I treasure your friendship

I love playing up with various colors and changing the position of the stamp.
With MISTI, this can be achieved very easily.
My You Tube video demonstrated how this was done with watercolor makers (see here).
You can apply the exact same method with Distress Inks.

close-up
I was not trying to cover up the flower and did not do any masking on the flowers. However, the background was colored after the flowers were stamped and dry.

I had compiled 6 links with Ranger products that I frequently use and recommend. 
Just click on the card and you can find out more about the products. 

  For your next purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code: 5CASH to get $5 off (expires April 15).
 The 20% off Ranger products sale ends tonight! Use Code RANGER20



s

20 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

your card is stunning Virginia. Looks like it's been painted.

Karen B. said...

So gorgeous!

jan metcalf said...

Delightful, bright and colorful!

Barb said...

Oh, wow! Did this ever turn out gorgeous, Virginia! Love, love, love the mix of colors you used! ♥

Susi K. said...

Love your blend of sunny colours for this beautiful floral card, Virginia!

Kelly Szafron said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your techniques.

Lin said...

Oh so pretty, Virginia! Love these happy colors and the lovely font of the sentiment - they are a beautiful mix!

Teresa Doyle said...

A beautiful card Virginia and thanks for the video tutorial as well. Very helpful!

Carol McCready said...

Very pretty! Loving those colors.

Harriet said...

Excellent video, Virginia. I "see" you created your own layer stamping using a beautiful Penny Black orchid stamp and Misti. I don't know when I will ever purchase a Misti, but your video sure showed how creative one can be using a Misti. Color, color such joy in your cards. Thank you.

conil said...

Gorgeous, happy, vibrant card. Love the colors you chose for the petals and the shading you created.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how the colors blend together! Gorgeous flowers!

Lisa said...

This si a masterpiece Virginia, frame worthy!!

pcm said...

this is gorgeous!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow those flowers LOOK amazing.. I love love love it..

Virginia thank you so much for the super kind comment you left today. You are so sweet and I think you are pretty awesome. Hugs.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so beautiful!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

ALWAYS a pleasure coming over here and seeing your amazing cards! This one is such an eye-candy!

Kara Lynne said...

This is so incredibly gorgeous, Virginia! I love the colors you used!

Helen Gullett said...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Gorgeous card with layers of colors!

Lea Brawn said...

Great card x