Sunday, April 17, 2016

Two Cards with Spray Mist and Felt

 Happy Sunday!

I have one of those days when I made "stuff" and didn't know what to do with them...
Take the Color Mist /Sprays, for example.
  
sc

They look like fun, colorful and yet ...they are a bit unpredictable
The unpredictable part is kind of the exciting part, however, it can look like a hot mess.

Memory Box Calais Butterfly 
s
If you make a few spritz and the colors do not blend, they will turn into a brown goop--it ain't pretty! I set out to make my own color paper. Well, the result was somewhat mixed. I really had no idea what to do with the paper...so I let it sit a bit.

Until the next day, I made a few pieces from the butterfly dies.
 And then, things started to turn a corner :)
Love You

I arranged the pieces and added one from the DCWV Glitter paper. With some hand-stitching, this card was born. How do you like the black antennae :) ?
s
The sentiment was from Birthday Flowers. This is such a fun and versatile set. FYI: this stamp set is 20% off till midnight, Eastern time (all Simon Says Stamp Exclusive).

butterflies

 The Simon Says Stamp Plush Dies are totally new to me. I thought my 2nd card may help you decide whether FELT is your thing....

I don't sew, but I can make a card like this with the right kind of felt and die....
birthday wishes -001
For the butterflies, they are made from the same batch with the spray mist.
s
This "Plush Daffodil and Daisy Die" is not only limited for felt, it is a great addition  for using on paper.  I stamped and stitched...that's it. I figure that if I can stitch a button, I can totally do this!

DSC_0123 (3)
 Sorry to be an enabler, but the 20% off on SSS product sales do not last ( a few hours left to shop).
We are off to celebrate Dr. John's birthday with a dinner out today! Yay!
Thanks for stopping by! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
For purchase over Simon Says Stamp, use code FLASH to get 20% off Simon Says Stamp products! Hurry, it expires 11: 59am, April 17 Eastern Time.



15 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Those butterflies are awesome looking!! And the felt flowers and leaves are really cute!! I don't use felt much, hmm... I think you've just encouraged me to try again!!

Karen B. said...

I feel like I say this all the time, but it is true...what a beautiful mix of projects with stunning results!

Lisa said...

I like the way your paper became beautiful butterflies!! These are fantastic Virginia. Happy birthday wishes for Doctor John!!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. I also end up using some of my hot messes (sprayed and smooshed) papers as die cut butterflies. This is a beauty

Hsu Emily said...

beautiful projects. The colors are just beautiful.
Thank for your always encouraging me

Teresa Doyle said...

Very pretty cards Virginia. I'd say you pulled it off just fine. (Love the antennae.)

~amy~ said...

Love them, the felt card is WOW

Happy Dance said...

No hot mess on your butterfly card, Virginia. What a fun array of sweeties! And the silver glitter ones are very cool with their hand-stitched bodies and antennae! And I love how you've combined felt, dies, and stamping on your second card. Not sure if felt is right for me, but might have to give it a go one of these days. Have a great week. Bev

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous cards my Friend!

Harriet said...

The antenna definitely make the butterfly. Those felt pieces are unique and your sewing quite nice. Lovely cards especially the color of both ink as well as felt. Excellent and innovative.

conil said...

So glad you didn't give up on those sprayed backgrounds...see, nothing goes to waste when you have an imagination and talent as good as yours. Both cards are delightful. Love what you did with the plush dies.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I always love it when something that seems hopeless turns into amazing!

Great butterfly cards, Virginia, and I love the sweet felt leaves and flowers!!

Tracie Pond said...

For all the unpredictability, these cards sure turned out lovely!!!

Nora N. said...

Oh WOW!! I LOVE these cards!! You rock with the spray mist!!! Fabulous design!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such pretty cards! Love the movement of the butterflies and the dimension on the first and all that great texture on the second!