Friday, April 29, 2016

Use an Intricate Die with Watercolors!

Hello friends!
It's time for me to play with the set of Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 Color Set !
I know, water-coloring can be a little addictive! You can read my "reviews" on Kuretake if you miss it (see here).
s 
 I love the ease of using watercolors in one box! The colors are as vibrant or soft as you want them to be....I paired it up with this intricate die "Pillow Box" from Penny Black.
s
This die is not cheap, but it comes with many dies. I have not even used the pillow box part, but instead, I tried out the ice cream cone....and wow!
happy birthday (2)
Basically I created a watercolor background on the entire sheet of watercolor paper. Once it's dried, I made the die cut with Pinpoint Rectangles. For the ice cream die, I also colored it with Kuretake. And that's it!
Told you it's yummy!  Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp, the code "REFRESH" ($5 off) still works!
There are some really great sales (see here), too!

9 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

what gorgeous colours Virginia. Love the watercolouring on both the background and the dies

Teresa Doyle said...

This card is VERY pretty Virginia, you have done a lovely job!

HJ said...

Love, love, love this card and die. You did an awesome job of the watercoloring. TFS

Barb said...

Delightful card, my friend! Love the pastels! ♥

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So bright and happy!

Harriet said...

Your card is softly colored and lovely. A great idea (wish I had a light bulb) making the back ice cream different colors. Excellent.

conil said...

Very artsy. Lovin' the rainbow. of course. But really like the die with it. Now, I want ice cream. Hope you're happy.

Lisa said...

This is fantastic Virginia!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun ice cream cone, Virginia - love the watercoloring!!