Sunday, May 29, 2016

Floral Butterfly Die

Hello friends!
Have you ever set sight on a craft item and you knew you "have to" have it? 
floral
 Floral Butterfly (Penny Black) did just that for me.
This die speaks volumes itself. I can think of many ways of using it.

Card Set
I was feeling inspired....so I set out to make a set of cards. First, I created a super colorful background with assorted Spray/ColorShine on Watercolor paper.
Then I made the die cut and add a few simple elements (such as pattern paper, splatter and sequins).

Card #1
 Card #1
Card #2
Card #2
Card #3
Card #3
Card #4
Card #4

Card #5
(use pink watercolor for stripey background)
Card #5

Card #6
(use blue watercolor for stripey background)
Card #6

This makes a great gift set! I plan to give this set of cards to my friend whose birthday is coming up in June.
DSC_0252 (1)
 I love making card sets :)

One last thing, if you have not entered my "Spread the Love" giveaway, the deadline is coming up soon! As long as you are a follower to this blog, you are qualified to have a chance to win $100 worth of stamping goodies! Good luck!

Thank you for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
 
Good chance to stock up on Ranger products! Use "RANGER20" to get 20% off.

s
 Here are what's new.
 

25 comments:

cm said...

Virginia, these cards are breath-taken-away beautiful! Your friend will love them immensely, as do I! Indeed, I'd be keeping a couple alllll to myself, and putting them in a frame; what a lovely home decor arrangement they'd make! Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs~c (carol)

Kelly Szafron said...

Beautiful cards and stunning die!

Karen B. said...

Wow! So detailed! I like that you made a set because just changing the tone of colors really makes for such a different feel.

Barb said...

The are ALL gorgeous, V! What a pretty die that is! ♥

Harriet said...

I found these cards mesmerizing. The colors, the sentiments....each really spoke to me. I like the way you energize a die using colors, sequins...whatever. The sentiments you chose are truly excellent.

Leanne said...

Oh wow! Each & every card is so beautiful. Love the way you gave them all a different look.

Valerija said...

This is awesome! Love the die you have used and your cards are really wonderful!
Valerija xx

conil said...

That butterfly...AMAZING! What else is amazing is this card set. Your friend is going to flip out. It's so beautiful and done so well. All those gorgeously colored butterflies and how you enhanced them with your backgrounds. Fabulous.

Migdalia said...

Hi Virginia,
I am a huge fan of butterflies!All colors! So when I see someone post any type of project with butterflies I absolutely LOVE it!!
The butterfly die is beautiful!I love all of the pretty colors!
All of your cards are absolutely Stunning!!
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Cindy C. said...

OH my goodness what a set of dazzling, beautiful cards!!!!

Shelly said...

These are stunning!! <3

donna mikasa said...

Gasp! So much loveliness on one post! That butterfly die is so delicate and I love how you showcased it. So gorgeous!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! These are amazing!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful! Your friend will love them!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW - These are absolutely WONDERFUL!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Die and what an amazing set you have created.

Teresa Doyle said...

WOWZERS Virginia, these are beautiful! Love the gorgeous butterflies. A beautiful job!

Brenda said...

These are totally gorgeous Virginia! And that butterfly die is so dainty!

Bonnie said...

Yes, Virginia, I feel like that often! I thought the same thing when I saw this beautiful butterfly. Seeing how you used it makes me like it even more.

Kelly Griglione said...

Hey Virginia! I have to be honest, I wouldn't have thought to buy that die because of all that's going on with it, but oh MY your cards are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!! I just love it on your simple backgrounds. Way to see the possibilities!!! Xo, Kelly

Patt H. said...

These cards are soooo gorgeous, Every one of them!

Miriam Prantner said...

Those butterflies are so delicate and pretty!

Isabelle Siry said...

Your cards are just awesome Virginia ! I exactly know what you have been feeling when you first saw this butterfly die....this feeling occurs to me almost each time I see a new craft item !! :-))
But to see what you have done with this die is just.....WOW ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap (http://izzyscrap.com)

Lisa said...

Oh, I like that delicate butterfly!! These are beautiful Virginia!!

Laura Bassen said...

What a great set of cards to gift!! LOVE the two with the loose painted stripes so much!!!