Monday, May 9, 2016

Fun Share!

Hello friends!
I just have a few fun things that I'd like to share with you today. These yummy treats were part of the fun gathering with my friend Karen.

(from left clockwise: Lemon Meringue Pie by David, Pecan Apple Pie by Virginia, White Chocolate Bars with Pistachio/Dried Fruit by Karen P.)
My sweet long-time friend Karen (whom I met through Hero Arts Flickr in 2008) came from Michigan to visit a few days ago. We had a fabulous lunch to the local bistro, sampled the desserts we made and even stamped together! Karen has been busy with life and hasn't stamped for a long time. We sat in my my craft room and worked on the card for less than an hour...

 And Karen made this!
She water-colored the butterfly image Prima Paintable with Kuretake Watercolor and then cut it out for the focal point. 
s
The background was stamped with Birthday Flowers. Karen adores this stamp set because it has everything (flowers/leaves, dots, lines and cute sentiment...) you want in a stamp set!
hello friend

Karen has a beautiful style and her CAS approach is something that I always love. Even though Karen felt that she was rusty with the current trends, she still came up with a card that has it all---watercoloring, glitter, sequins and strings. Perfectly trendy and beautiful.

 My Mother's Day gift (handmade flowers and spa/massage gift card) from the kids and Dr. John.
Yes, they used my card. I would be mad if they didn't. :) 



The Mini MISTI giveaway winner will be announced in my next post tomorrow. There are only a few hours left today to comment and win here. Hurry!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy"
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)! 

9 comments:

Deb said...

Great card! And dessert looks wonderful!

conil said...

David needs to come to my house and bake that Lemon Meringue pie for me. That is my favorite, thanks to my Mom, and I've never been able to quite capture the flavor she produced. But David's looks just right. It's wonderful that Karen was able to visit and craft with you. Her card looks so fresh and happy. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it!

Lisa said...

The sweets look scrumptious!! Karen's card is fantastic, I see no signs of rust!! Glad you enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day Virginia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Looks like you had a fun crafty visit, Virginia!!

Harriet said...

I can't say which is more lovely, the pies, the candy, the Mother's Day gift or the card. I think the card is super. What a treat to have a friend to stamp, lunch and in general enjoy a great day.

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh yes please!!
I think everything you and David touch transforms itself into pure gold!!

Karen from MI said...

Awww Virginia! I honestly don't know how you do these daily posts and how you could really make my card, "shine"!! You are so SWEET and I had the BEST day, ever!!! It was FUN to see where you craft and see all of your supplies. You were so patient with me and guided me with gentleness! Yes, your pie and David's were to "die for"! Every bit as delicious as the photo portrays! Thanks so much for a FUN DAY! I only wish I could craft EVERY DAY with you! I'd learn so much from your vast stamp knowledge and TALENT!! :) :) Thanks so much for showcasing my work in your BEAUTIFUL BLOG!! Much love to you and the rest of the Lu Family! You are the NICEST HOSTESS, EVER!! :) :) :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Sounds and looks like a delicious get together and I love Karen's card!

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card - just gorgeous - well done to Karen B, she hasn't lost her touch!