Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Guest Design for Paru's Card Making Challenge!

Hello friends! 
It is my honor today to share my guest design projects with you. 
p
Paru over Paru's Card-making Challenge invited me to be the June Guest designer!
The theme is a fun and timely one! I took up the challenge and created a card for hubby Dr. John and a tag for my son David who is doing an engineering internship in San Francisco. 
For all details, please visit Paru's Card-making Challenge
Happy Father's Day
About the card:
I created the background with the stencil (Tim Holtz Layering Stencil Gear) with Distress Crayons. By applying and mixing the colors with my finger tips, the background was easy to create. I then lightly applied some Wendi Vecchi Embossing Paste (white) over and let dry. After that, I stamped the sentiment from Brushed Happy Sentiment Set (from The Ton Stamp). For final touches, I attached the globe from TH Souvenir Adornments with strings.

2016-051
About the tag:
I stamped the Hero Arts Goldfish in Distress Inks (Carved Pumpkin and Festive Berries) with the help of MISTI. After stamping the image, I clear-embossed the fish. I did the same with the sea weed/grass in Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and Scuba (Simon Says Stamp). After that, I sprayed blue mist ( Lindy's Gang Steel Shimmer Glitz Spritz and Heidi Swapp Project Life Spritz). Once the paint dried, I embossed the sentiment with Hero Arts Platinum EP. I added the droplets with White Opel Liquid Pearls. I added the adornment/twines for the tag.
 
 I think this "just keep swimming" tag is perfect for someone like my son David. He is enjoying the internship in an electric motor bike company this summer. Every weekend, he keeps himself busy in sightseeing, running and biking in SF. These are a few snap shots.
I am sure that I left my heart in San Francisco.

I hope that you check out Paru's Cardmaking Challenge. Not only this is a great chance to get your Father's Day card projects done, it is also a good chance to win two prizes from the sponsor for this challenge!

Awesome, right?
Thank you so much, Paru, for inviting me! And thank you for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)! 

12 comments:

Isabelle Siry said...

Virginia, your card and your tag are very beautiful. I like the rendering of the Distress crayon + the Wendi Vicchi paste on your card. It has an ethnic look ! Very nice ! But I must admit that my favorite is your tag ! I love it ! I'm a sea and fish lover so....it is just perfect for me ! Very nice pictures from SF, I easily understand why your son is enjoying so much ! Izzy Scrap

Karen B. said...

I choked up a bit realizing that one day my sons will go their own way too and I will feel the same way you do. Awesome card and tag.

Lisa said...

Congrats on guesting Virginia!! These are fabulous as always, love the fish tag!!

Sheila H said...

Your artistic skills are wonderfully displayed in your card and tag, Virginia. The colors and designs are beautiful. Your techniques flawless. I particularly like the fish - the scene really comes to life.

Barb said...

Awesome card, Virginia! Dr. John is going to love it! And David's tag? So perfect! I'm glad to see that David is doing well and enjoying San Fransisco! I'll bet you miss him lots though! Hugs to you! ♥

Valerija said...

Wonderful card and tag. Great job!
Valerija xx

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the texture on your card! And your son looks like he's having fun and such beautiful sights too!

Laura Bassen said...

Such fun pics of David in SF!! Looks like he's having the time of his life!

conil said...

I'll bet Paru's absolutely delighted she asked you to Guest Design. The mixed media effect of that first card blew me away. Love that you combined that giant sentiment with embossing paste...it looks wonderful. Also love the cute tag...perfect for David as he negotiates the sights in the Bay Area. He looks like he's really getting around. I even spied the Marin Headland in one of the photos. Good for him.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love these projects! Love the mix of the crayons on the card and the brightness of the fish on the tag!

Paru Mahtani said...

Just awesome Virginia! I am thrilled you came over to guest design for me!! Thank YOU!!

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! Fabulous projects, Virginia! Love the tag and card. Very special for dad.