Saturday, May 28, 2016

Killing Me Softly with Distress Crayons

  Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a soft and delicate card. As you may have noticed that I am enjoying the Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit. However, you might think that most cards made from the kit may start to look very similar...
s
Well, I do like to challenge myself to do something a little differently from my previous 2 cards (see here). I do not enjoy making the same kinds of cards over and over. Who does, right?
I opted to take a softer approach with Distress Crayons. However, the crayons are known for their bold and bright colors.  This time, I want you to see that they also have the gentler and kinder side.
(Donald Trump, are you listening!!?)....

 2016-059

 You may have seen this already... white-embossing on one side of vellum and coloring on the other side.  The small flowers form the stamp set from "Look for the Miracles" are perfect for this. At first, when you color the backside of the vellum with Distress Crayons, it would look AWFUL (do not panic)! But once you turn it over...... it's a "MIRACLE"!! 
dream
See? Distress Crayons do have a softer side!! 
 Thank you for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  

Want to get Distress Crayons
Good chance to stock up on Ranger products! Use "RANGER20" to get 20% off.
s
 Here are what's new.
 

27 comments:

Marianne said...

So pretty. As a matter of fact, I was just looking at the distress crayons and debating with myself which set to buy first...

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous! May have to invest in some of these... Jo x

Barb said...

Wow, V! This turned out gorgeous! Love it! ♥

Harriet said...

Too funny, Virginia, Trump has no soft side. Your card is so lovely. I've used this method with markers and Distress Inks but the color you achieved with the crayons is exceptional. Guess I'll add crayons to my wish list...it's getting really long.

conil said...

Wow...it is a miracle. Amazing outcome. Love that you backed it with patterned paper. What a pretty side. By the way, it would also be a miracle if Trump listened...his ego wouldn't allow it.

Cindy C. said...

Wow wow wow it turned out wonderfully!!! {Heart} it!! :)

Lynn said...

I wish Trump was listening! :) I love this...I really need to try this technique...your card is so stunning Virginia!

Sheila H said...

Wonderful technique, Virginia!

Migdalia said...

I love how beautifully it turned out.I have never worked with vellum. I want to give that a try. Also I liked that used the distress crayons.That was new to me.Gorgeous card! Loved the Trump comment..very funny!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful technique and I just love your results.

Katy said...

Very pretty!

Bonnie said...

I love the softer look! I've yet to crack my crayons open. Time to get busy!

Sue Kimmet said...

Beautiful card! I enjoy seeing each of your creations!

Linda Crawford said...

I know you meant that as a joke or trying to be funny when you said, "Donald Trump are you listening" however, I feel it was inappropriate! I prefer to stay away from All political views, whether funny or serious for it gets people to posting their political views. So do you think we can stay away from the political side and keep it on the fun side with just card blogs? Please, I do not care to get bombarded for my request! Thank you in advance!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. The vellum really softens the crayons. And I feel you should be able to say what you want on your blog!

Susi K. said...

What a beautiful card, Virginia! Your choice of vellum is perfect and I love the sparkly silver word diecut tucked beneath the black one!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is so pretty Virginia. I have done this on vellum with markers and such but I don't have any wc crayons yet. It works well with Copics too. It does look bad on the back but as you say, the front is where the magic happens. This is just beautiful. Great job.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Awesome! Love the effect on the vellum!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow this is beautiful Virginia, think I need to try this out. You are a sweet kind soul V don't think anything of comments. You blog is always so informative and a great source of inspiration. You never say anything inappropriate! xoxo

Shelly said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Virginia!

donna mikasa said...

I must remember to do this--what gorgeous results!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning card! Sorry i haven't been to visit for a while, . Blogging has taken a back foot for me over the last year, but I'm trying to get back to it.
For the record, it is your blog, so if that person doesn't like what you say, then they shouldn't visit!!!

Suchi said...

A Complete beauty!! :)
Suchi xx

foleysfriend said...

Oh Em Gee ... Virginia: I really need to find a money tree. Simon Says STAMP is going to really love me. I find so much inspiration here on your blog. You do such a wonderful job of showcasing products. My wish list is getting really long!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the colored vellum over that dark paper! Great combination!

Lisa said...

Wow is this ever PRETTY!!

Laura Bassen said...

Somebody needs to tell Donald Trump to look at your blog, lolol! Hee Hee...love your vellum coloring!