Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mr. & Mrs.

Happy Saturday!
My neighbor's son is getting married and I made this wedding card for them. The wedding is taking place in another city this June. So I am working ahead. Dr. John and I plan to make a little trip out of it while we attend the wedding. I am looking forward to it!

I decided to make a clean and simple card for the couple. This design could not have been made easy if it weren't for MISTI.
to the new Mr. & Mrs.
I did multiple-colored stamping with the cups. I positioned the images first and then worked on each color one at a time.  The sentiment "Mr. & Mrs. " were embossed in Platinum (Hero Arts). To keep the images in balance, I added stripes and silver glitter paper. 

My house has gone a little quiet now.... My son David had left for his internship/co-op job for 4 months. He is settling well in San Francisco and he even signed up to run a 12K tomorrow. I miss him, but I am so relieved that he is doing well :)
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy"
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
Here are what's on sale. 
New release: Dads and Grads

8 comments:

conil said...

This is a very sweet wedding card. I'm sure the recipients witll love it. Hope your trip is wonderful. I'm sure David with do well in the Bay Area, he's so smart, likeable and well rounded. It will be a good experience to tuck under his belt. Also know empty nests feel really empty...I feel for you.

Harriet said...

A very unique and interesting wedding card. I am sure you will enjoy your trip and the wedding. I love weddings. Yes, a quiet house is quiet that is until you turn up your music, make cards and smile away the time. I hope David's time in San Francisco is everything he hopes for. With his terrific smile, he'll find many new friends to share exploring with.

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card Virginia!
Hang in there my Friend, I know how you feel and I'm sending you warm hugs~

Dawn Turley said...

What a great card Virginia. Love the multi colour stamping. Where would we be without our MISTI tool?

jennifer delauter said...

Glad to hear that your son is doing well! Have fun on your trip! Fantastic card!! Love the multi colored mugs!!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So very cool!!

Karen B. said...

Hope you are doing ok with an empty nest. Such a sweet card.

Nora N. said...

This is one of the cleverest wedding cards that I have ever seen!! AMAZING design!!