Thursday, May 12, 2016

Paper-Weaving

Hello friends!
I am loving the plaid pattern paper from Lawn Fawn so much that I feel compelled to do some paper-weaving with it! Yeah, I admit, I am product-inspired sometimes :) 
DSC_0214 (1)
What can I say? 
s
This stamp set makes me so happy when I create with it.
The paper-weaved background provides a lovely backdrop for the cute images. For the kite, I did the "Direct Ink to Paper" approach, then stamped and cut out the images.
thinking of you
The tails of the kite were stamped and colored with copics. I love how this turned out.
DSC_0221

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy"
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
Here are what's on sale. 
New release: Dads and Grads



17 comments:

Greta said...

I haven't done paper weaving in ages & I love this, Virginia! Just finally got my hands on that paper pad, so perfect timing for some inspiration! Darling card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Absolutely darling!,the woven paper is perfect!

foleysfriend said...

This is so super cute; I can't believe it - I actually have the necessary paper & stamp set to CASE your card. Hmmm - another Virginia Lu CASEd card in my collection! I love how your kites are popped up and the strings are "flat".

wienerhoneymooners said...

So SWEEEEET!

Karen B. said...

Really cute showcase of this technique!

Barb said...

Virginia, this card is sheer delight! Love it! ♥

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beautiful and darling card!
Love the idea of including stamping, patterned papers with the weaving technique!
xx

Brenda Lee said...

What a great technique! I definitely need to give paper weaving a try. Your card is darling.

Harriet said...

Such a happy card, Virginia. I love your paper weaving--unique. This is card is so happy that I smiled.

conil said...

This card just makes me grin. Weaving that paper is brilliant. It makes such a lovely and fun background for those happy kites and cloud.

Annette Allen said...

awesome and creative.. totally love it

Lisa said...

Those papers are super cute! This is such a happy card!!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. Love the different plaids, Great card

bkazoo said...

Love this look. That paper just speaks to me. I was thinking that I'd end up with some small scraps from something I want to do and regretted that I'd toss them. Heck, you inspired me to faux your paper weaving with a mosaic of the lovely scraps!

Susi K. said...

What a happy card, Virginia! It's amazing how many wonderful techniques there are out there for us cardmakers, and it's always a treat to be reminded of how lovely they look, even though we don't give them a try often!

Lyndal said...

Super cute Virginia - fabulous way to use up your scraps too!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the woven background, great way to anchor your design!