Saturday, May 7, 2016

Rustic Design with Distress Crayons

Hello friends!
I am finally getting around to my 2nd pack of Distress Crayons. 
Here are the two packs that I used.
                                                      
                                                         1st Set                              Set 2
ss
You might think Distress crayons are messy and the colors may be too grainy for card-making. Well, they can be, but I attempted to make it work. I opted to take a rustic approach and make a pretty one.

Here is my take.
THANKS

I started out with the Woodgrain Stencil and applied the Distress Crayons with my fingers. I purposely left some white space and not ink up the entire background. I then applied the butterfly Rub-on and added the butterfly dies over it.

Ding---> how to stretch your dies:
1. alter the image
2. use the die as stencils


As you can see, the two butterflies are joint as one piece of die. But I split the butterflies up and adhered them randomly. Altering the dies is such an easy way get more mileage of your dies.

2016-05

You may see yellow images from my stenciling (using the Calais Butterfly die). The card was completed with a black sentiment and some gold strings around it. I think this card will be perfect for a nature-loving special someone. Well, I hope that you are more acquainted with the Distress Crayons, stencil, Rub-ons...etc.. They are fun to have in your craft supplies.

Thank for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy". It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)! 

Lastly, how about some great savings from Simon Says Stamp
Here is the latest arrival of stamps.

10 comments:

Milka Gubo said...

WOW!!! Virginia, this is FABULOUS!!! Love love love your card!!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring. Have a wonderful day. :o) hugs

Dawn Turley said...

Delightful Virginia. I've been toying wjith getting some of the crayons. Great to see them in use

Karen B. said...

Well, I purchased the Gansi watercolors because I saw your beauties, and you are going to want to make me purchase and try these out too. Man oh man! I knew there was a reason why I keep coming to look at your creations!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

The woodgrain looks amazing! Love the texture and the multiple colors!

Harriet said...

Your card is really unique. The background is superb!!! I wonder if the background could be achieved with ink too? Love the colors. Vibrant and fresh. Truly and innovative, excellent card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the effect of the crayons with the stencil, Virginia - I'll have to try that one!

Barb said...

I love how this turned out, Virginia! So cool looking! Beautiful card! ♥

alexandra s.m. said...

Excellent Virginia!
Love your card and these creative tips of yours ;)
Happy Mother's day week-end!
xx

conil said...

I love this card. Going to have to Pin it. So clever.

Lisa said...

WOWZA, this is spectacular!!