Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #370

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the "Fun with Felt" Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week's challenge is...

Anything Goes

 We are using Technique Tuesday products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

For my project, I used "Garland of Thanks".  

s
This set may be small, but it can create a big impact. This is my result. 

Thanks

I love creating wreaths. This stamp set seems to be perfect for that. I took a circle as a mask and embossed the image around it. I did two types of embossing (white and Antique Gold). It was a lot of fun to color the image with Kuretake Watercolors ( I am totally addicted to it!)

Just for fun,  I thought you might like to see my first version of this design. My daughter thought this card is "all over the place"....(yup, family members can be harsh critical)!

DSC_0154 (1)

 I stamped the flowers from Heartfelt Thanks (my favorite TT stamp). I guess I got carried away with stamping the littl flowers. :) 

s

 I think my 2nd card is not that bad :) 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out. 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 

21 comments:

Karen B. said...

So bright and happy.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virgina, both versions are lovely, and I wouldn't go so far as what your daughter said ( haha) but I do love your second version, i.e. the more CAS one ;-) the colours and whole design is stunning! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia. Must say i much prefer your first card (the 2nd version) just love the softer muted look.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is gorgeous Virginia!

conil said...

Can't believe how much mileage you got out of these little stamps and in such an incredible way. Love both renditions of those wreaths (and, no, I don't think you got carried away with the little flowers. The background on the first one is really dreamy and love how you colored in the sentiment on the second.

Lin said...

What a wonderful use for that little sprig, Virginia! As always, your happy colors make me smile!

Heather said...

A beautifully coloured cards Virginia, a lovely design for the fabulous colours with stup stipped images on the third secone............I love the image on the gold penned on the first image - both beautiful cards with super deails!!

hugs
Heather xx

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Super pretty, Virginia! Love how you did this resist! :D


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia! I love the white embossing and the colours are so pretty
hugs
Mandy xx

Harriet said...

A truly beautiful card. I love wreaths and you made a simply gorgeous one. Love the colors. I think you and water color are doing excellent.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You have become such an expert watercolorist, V! These are breathtaking designs!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

Oh wow how pretty!!

Migdalia said...

Stunning! I absolutely love all of the bright & pretty colors!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Sheila H said...

So bright and cheerful!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous watercoloring, Virginia! I think your stamped flowers are perfect with your wreath, and add so much movement to your design! Another really beautiful work of art!

D.Ann C said...

The watercolor background makes the lovely wreath pop!

M DelValle said...

Your card and design is amazing!! Maria

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love that wreath/frame that you created!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your amazing sense of color. I like both cards, but my favorite one is the first one with the large wreath made of layers and washes. Blessings!

Carol L said...

Loved ones can be harsh critics sometimes, but in spite of the first version being pretty, the 2nd one is more pleasing to my eye. I love the soft colors and sequin accents as well!

Laura Bassen said...

Wow this is so pretty....love that loose watercolor resist with the gold sentiment!