Thursday, May 19, 2016

Using a Doily Die

Hello friends! 
s
I'm sharing a project with this new Doily Trio Die from Penny Black.
I have a few intricate circle dies and this one is "just right". 
There are enough intricate details and yet they cut like butter! 

I started out with stamping the border with Botanical Garden.
especially for you

 Instead of soft colors, I used Versafine (Onyx Black) to stamp around the border. I clear-embossed the images. 
clsoe-up #2


I love the bright colors from the Distress Crayons, so I applied liberally onto the flowers. As you can see, the coloring was not perfect, but that's the "look" I was going for ;)
I also stamped 3 colorful butterflies with the help of MISTI.

close-up #1
I only used the largest doily die in this set and I am sure there will be more projects with this set of dies. Thanks for stopping by!

I will be back tomorrow for our next Virginia's Die Hard Series.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
Here are what's on sale. 
New release: Dads and Grad

14 comments:

Karen B. said...

So pretty!

Harriet said...

Lovely, lovely. That die is truly excellent and your choice of sentiment is spot on. I love the colors.

Barb said...

So, so pretty, Virginia! LOVE this gorgeous card! ♥

Betty Keefe said...

really pretty Virginia - love how you used the flowers in soft colors around the doily

Migdalia said...

Such a pretty die!! Lovely card!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

conil said...

Beautiful. Those crayons are really serving you well. Love the coloring on the flowers and butterflies. The doily sentiment combo seems to be the obvioous choice considering the card images. Brilliant.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the frame of flowers and butterflies, Virginia - so perfect for your doily sentiment!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous border, and your doily is perfect with this elegant sentiment! A really stunning card, Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how the flowers frame the card! So pretty!

Nonni said...

HI Virginia! I've recently moved my blog to a new address and started crafting more again after a more quiet year in blogland. I made a card following your youtube tutorial, maybe you want to check it out! Here's the link: http://nonnishandmadecards.blogspot.fi/2016/05/new-challenge-at-time-out_18.html. This card is gorgeous by the way: such fresh colors and I love all the stamping!

Brenda said...

I love the colours against the black outlines on this card Virginia!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my goodness Virginia, this is just gorgeous!

GeeCee said...

So pretty Virginia!! Love the look you were going for!

Lisa said...

Delicate, feminine and dreamy!!