Friday, May 13, 2016

Virginia's Die Hard Series

Hello friends! 
I am popping in to share a project that I made with this intricate die.
s
This is the largest tree die that I have come across. 
This key in using this type of die is keeping it simple, in my view.

I colored the die cut image with copic markers, Distress Inks and then I added Pico Embellisher (New Sprout) for the leaves. The thin tip from the Embellisher makes it easy to apply to the leaves. 

I treasure our friendship

For the sentiment, I double-stamped it in Brilliance Gold and Versafine. I had a hard time adding embellishments. At the end, I settled for some brown sequins for the ground. As you can see I did have a left over die piece  (the negative one) I am sure that I have more ideas with this die... :).

2016-052

After making this card, I also realized that I want to challenge myself to "Stretch a Die" like this. After all, it is an expensive die. I know many of you struggle when you try to make a purchase with a larger die like this....to buy or not to buy, that is the question.

 Therefore, for the next few Fridays, I will post a card with this same die and see how many ways I can use it. If you are intrigued, I hope you come and check it out.
I hope that you will enjoy "Virginia's Die Hard" Series.
Dr. John suggests the name "Virginia's Do or Die" series, I declined. 
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy"
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
Here are what's on sale. 
New release: Dads and Grads.


12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful inking!

misty delgado said...

I love the double stamping effect. I'm going to have to try that. And, yes, I am intrigued. I know you'll come up with some fun ideas to stretch our dies. TFS

Harriet said...

Die Hard is a great name. Your tree is totally real and lovely. I am looking forward to "seeing" how you stretch this die.

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Virginia! What a great idea you have, can't wait to see what else you do with this die. We all need to shop our stash a bit more and use the terrific products we have more often!! You GO girl!!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful, great inking on this intricate die!

Juhi said...

Beautiful card! Love the inking on the diecut. Eagerly waiting for your stretch your die series, would love to get more out of mine!

Susi K. said...

What a fun personal challenge, Virgina - to use a die 5 different ways! Great starting card, it's lovely. Can't wait to see your new creations using it. BTW, love the name for this "series" of posts.

conil said...

You were right to decline Dr. John's suggestion. Sounds a bit too final. Besides, I think your title is clever and says it all. Love this die, as well but, as you said, it is an investment. I look forward to you little series (I always get so many ideas from them) which should help make the decision for me as to whether this die should come live with me. The simplicity, white space and minimal embellishments on this card really are pleasing to the eye.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great name for your new series! I love this die and I can't wait to see how else you use it!

Nora N. said...

You are genius with the names, Virginia!! LOVE this shading on the tree and the sequins for the "ground" are such a good idea. I am going to have to copy that. I like that you are trying to stretch your expensive dies. I have such a hard time doing that and I need to start too. Thank you for the idea!! Maybe others could join in too!!

Helen Gullett said...

Oh I love the name of th series! Super fun!

Marianne B in AZ said...

I'm intrigued!