Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Watercoloring with Kuretake

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a cute card.
This stamp set Cuddly Critter from Simon Says Stamp has 6 cute images.
s
I feel that I need to get them out more. I do, however, feel a bit intimidated because I am terrible in copic-coloring.  Well, have no fear, Kuretake Watercolor (32) comes to the rescue!
Birthday Wishes
I think my card proves one thing...
Anything is possible with the right tools, supplies, practice and... patience. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
Here are what's on sale.

18 comments:

Marianne said...

Well done! Love it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Super cute! Love the little charm on him!

Karen B. said...

Such a cute card!

conil said...

This is just charming. Love the way you colored the loops in the sentiment and that littely button your kitty is holding is the perfect embellishment. But the background is just plain gorgeous.

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

conil said...

Wait, that's isn't a button...it's an adorable tiny felt flower. Good grief girl, that's so clever and cute.

Migdalia said...

Totally cute!! I appreciate that you colored with the Kuretake Watercolor!
I feel the same way..a little intimated with copics.

Harriet said...

Charming card and, Virginia, you got your painting technique to make the kitty have shading. Oh my, you are really good. Like you, although I work at Copic, I'm not so good. I watch and watch videos....so far no dice. I especially like the background. Blue is favorite and you did it so perfectly.

Lisa said...

This is so cute!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet kitty card, Virginia - just love your watercoloring!!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous. The watercolouring does make it easier tan Copics. Just love the soft whimsical look.

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely so sweet Virgina! Looks good in watercolour!

Agata Dagmara Pfister said...

You did a great job at that colouring! Sweet card!

mandalj said...

I love the background and I think your colouring is great! The cat looks very cute!

Teresa Doyle said...

Such an adorable card Virginia. You are right about "the right tools". My wise (94 y/o MIL) always said a carpenter can't build a beautiful home without the right tools any more than you can bake a delicious cake without the right ingredients! This is true with anything! Lovely job!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely adorable card Virginia!!

Kara Lynne said...

I'm glad you played with your watercolors because your card is so cute!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how CUTE, Virginia! Beautiful watercoloring on this card, too! I love how you added color to the background and inside the alphas on your sentiment...such a fun card!