Monday, May 23, 2016

Working with Prima Paintables

Hello friends!

 s  

It's Victoria weekend here in Canada. Since we do not head to cottage like a lot of Canadians do, I am spending some quiet time in my craft room and enjoy leisure walk/run in my neighborhood. For today's project, I used Prima's 6x6 Paintables and colored it with Kuretake watercolors. Here are the fabulous selections of watercolor paper from Prima. 

 I find it very challenging to use some of the pattern paper. I mean, I had so much fun watercoloring them. You see, all the design were pre-embossed. All I had to do is add watercolors. Previously, I had made these cards with the same paper pad.You can click on the photo and it would take you to Flickr with a post link.
thanks-001Happy Anniversary
note to selfappreciated 
 This is my latest version. 
lots of love 
 It was fun to color the ornate watercolor paper. However, it was very challenging to know what to do with the painted paper. 
s
  

  The new Doily Trio Die from Penny Black came to the rescue! When I think about the
the amazing palaces that I visited in Europe, they were decorated with textured and ornate floral wall paper. They almost always added lots of gold to the mix to achieve that classy and elegant look. I guess that is my inspiration.
 
DSC_0356  
Thank you for stopping by!  
 
In case you are shopping over Simon Says Stamp, the code is "Breezy"
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!
Don't forget to check out the deals here (deals ending soon).
New release: Dads and Grads

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Awesome job. All are so cool!

Tracey McNeely said...

These are all so pretty Virginia!

conil said...

Yes, I can see it would be difficult to produce a card with some of these papers. But, like the imaginative person you are, you came up with the perfect solution. That diecut produces just enough texture and lift for your sentiment.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your pretty watercolored backgrounds, Virginia!!

Lisa said...

As pretty as can be!!

Harriet said...

Your card is lovely and so appropriate for Victoria Day. The flowers, the colors all seem to me to say Victorian England in all it's glory. Lovely.

Sheila H said...

Wow!

GeeCee said...

A belated Victoria Day to you Virginia! Looks like you were very busy with your cards! They're so beautiful! I'm not sure how to colour on printed paper. Probably best to not have a soaking wet brush. Thank you for your inspirations!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, what a line-up! Love all the bright and fun colours!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful paper you created! I love how you colored it!