Sunday, May 1, 2016

You are my Sunshine!

You are my sunshine...
that is the name of my cards I share today.
DSC_0196 (1) 
Happy May, friends!
s
I sharing a few more cards with May Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp.
You know me, I never stop at making just one or two with the monthly kit!
 You can get your regular monthly subscription here.
s
My first card is a little different. Instead of using the individual sentiment stickers that come in the kit, I used several of them and made an oval die cut.

This is great to use as a focal point.
you are my sunshine-001

For the sun, I gold-embossed and then applied 2-3 shades of SSS inks. I then fussy cut it. The flowers were paper-pieced. Since the font is quite small, I stamped it 3 times from lightest to darkest.

My 2nd card is a scene card. It has the similar approach as the first.
you are my sunshine
 The plaid pattern paper just makes everything fun and easy to create, don't you think?
A very exciting event is happening tomorrow!!
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out the latest sales over Simon Say Stamp store here.


9 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Delightful Virginia. Both are so cheerful.

Teresa Doyle said...

These are delightful Virginia! So sunny and happy! Well titled!

Barb said...

Love both cards, Virginia! so, so cute! ♥

conil said...

Clever use of those stickers as a focal point. It really looks great. The paper piecing on the 2nd card is terrific. Love the plaid you've used.

alexandra s.m. said...

Happy MayDay Virginia!
Love your beautiful cards!
So beautifully done and so uplifting!
They would bring much sunshine indeed!
(thanks for sticking the song in my head BTW ;o)
Hugs~

Harriet said...

The plaid paper is happy, actually each card is happy too. We are having a cool, gray day and your cards put a big smile on my face.

Lisa said...

These are as cute as can be and just make me happy!!

Jeanie said...

I'm in love with the wild hibiscus. Beautiful cards.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a clever way to use those stickers! Love that idea!