Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Card With a Tag

Hello friends! 
 I don't know about you....but coloring any of  the detailed images can be intimidating. 

g

When I saw the stamp set such as "Gentle Day", I thought.....: "Why not stamp and create own coloring tag!? ".  It's very small and it's very do-able.
Here is the result.
Miss you (Close-up)

If you are ever stuck for ideas, just turn an image into a TAG. Before you know, you got yourself something to add to your cards!  Later I also realized that I just wanted an excuse to play with Kuretake Watercolors (36)! LOL. Does that ever happen to you?

I love the ease of mixing colors from the watercolors. After I finished coloring the images, I applied a bit of white from the Kuretake all over the main image just to give it a slightly pastel look and toned down the colors a notch.  The subtle background was created with the Tim Holtz Woodgrain Stencil.
Miss you
I added the gold element from Doily Trio Dies (Penny Black). With the smallest die from this set, I gold -embossed it several times to add the thickness.
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
 It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!
Extra extra (last day!!)
 s

 US shoppers: use JUNEFREE for order of $75 or more for free shipping
International shoppers: use JUNESAVE ($7.99 off for order over $75)
Here are what's on sale. 

16 comments:

Sheena Joy said...

Such a beautiful card - such a clever idea, I rarely use tags! I think I'll buy a tag die. You're work is very inspiring!

Karen B. said...

Oh how pretty!

Valerija said...

So beautiful!

Dawn Turley said...

lovely Virginia. Great idea about making tags.

Susi K. said...

Love the soft watercolouring on this card, Virginia!

Bonnie said...

I love the rustic background with the soft, pastel shades of the tag! What a wonderful job of painting that tag! You make me itch to get out my paints!

Harriet said...

Lovely. The softness you achieved is simply lovely. This card is lovely beyond words. The colors, the sentiment.....perfect.

conil said...

Well, it isn't at all obvious that you were intimidated with the coloring. This is gorgeous...the idea of adding the white is quite clever. You've also picked the perfect background to showcase your tag. Lovely.

Susanne Vargas said...

Wunderschöne Karte!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my Virginia, this is beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tag card, Virginia! Just love your coloring and the little gold element!!

Melissa L. said...

Beautiful, Virginia. I love it!

Nora N. said...

This is amazing!! STUNNING design!!

Miriam Prantner said...

That tag is beautiful! Love the soft stenciling on the base too!

Lisa said...

Very pretty!!

Cindy C. said...

It's a beautiful tag indeed!!