Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Create a Border with an Ornate Image

Hello friends! 
I am popping in to share a card with a beautiful floral stamp.
s
Botanical Garden (Penny Black)

I simply stamped one of the images (upper right) from Botanical Garden.
When you see images like this, sometimes you might be wondering what to do with it. I think creating a corner border is always one of the easier and obvious option. 
And that is exactly what I did. 
DSC_0245 (1)  
 You may not be able to tell, I actually stamped the floral images with MISTI in Antique Linen (Distress Ink). I then attempted the coloring with very faint outlines. I used Kuretake Watercolor (32) for the water-coloring. It is such a soothing process as the water-coloring does all the "work"! At the end, I decided to stamp the image over the colored area. Now this is the beauty of MISTI. I left the stamp as it is (inside MISTI). Once I finished all the coloring and went back to the original position and re-stamped it---voila! The lines were not blurred yet it is subtle (just how I wanted it).
DSC_0250 (1)

I did, however, embossed the butterfly to give it a little extra shine and also colored it with Kuretake Watercolors.   
s
I love that friendship sentiment from "Treasured Thoughts". I think it fits perfectly in this. 
Thanks for stopping by!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".

It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!   Btw, you might want to check out what's on sale over Simon Says Stamp here.


20 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a stunning creation...love the vibrant colors, your beautiful blue background and of course the shimmering butterfly...simply love this one Virginia
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. Isn't the MISTI amazing for this sort of thing.

Keren Baker said...

What a beauty! Your no line colouring is gorgeous!! x

pcm said...

gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card, Virginia! These colors are so vibrant and I love the border design!

alexandra s.m. said...

I LOVE your dreamy card Virginia!
Beautiful stamping and these stamps shine in your hands!
xx

Cindy C. said...

Stunning card!!!

Harriet said...

Oh my, Virginia, you have outdone yourself and created a true work of art. The softness of your water colors is so beautiful and surely enhanced by the second stamping. My, my simple gorgeous!!!

conil said...

Oh my, this came out beautifully. Think the watercolor is magnificent and the overstamping, though subtle, really accentuates those lovely blooms.

ldiggs said...

I always love your beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your talent!

ldiggs said...

I always love your beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Helen Gullett said...

This is a beautiful card! The watercoloring is fabulous.

Sheila H said...

Another gorgeous project, Virginia. Love how you used your MISTI 😍

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, how incredibly BEAUTIFUL is this!!

Karen B. said...

Wow so pretty!

Isabelle Siry said...

Virginia, your card is just GORGEOUS ! I love the combo colors you chose and the gold embossing powder make them stand out ! This turquoise/blue background is so beautiful and the 3 sequins with the golden thread are the final touch ! So, so beautiful ! Long live MISTI ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

LauraJane:) said...

So beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! The coloring is just stunning!

Mary Decker said...

I knew nothing of a Misti til now. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for teaching me something new!

Suzy said...

Did you use watercolor paper? And if not, how did you keep the color from flowing all over the card? This is just beautiful!