Monday, June 6, 2016

Creating a "Dreamy" Watercolor Background

Hello friends!
DSC_0343
I am sharing my 5th card created from Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit .
s

I absolutely love this stamp set from the kit. It is perfect for all kinds of techniques. Coloring the detailed flowers with my Zig Markers (12)seems like a very sensible thing to do. I planned out the entire layout with the help of MISTI. I arranged the stamps onto the watercolor paper and then mounted onto MISTI for easy embossing. In fact, I missed a tiny spot and MISTI allows me to go back and re-emboss the spot.
dream (2)
For the dreamy background, first, I masked off the colored images with Elmer's Rubber Cement Masking Fluid (I forgot that I have Molotow Art Masking Pen now--grrr!).  I did the ink-smooshing with a piece of acetate. I simply colored the acetate with Zig Markers and sprayed some water...and inked away.
dream (close-up)
 It's amazing what you can do with just a few Zig Markers ( I used less than 10 markers).  
Thank you for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
EXTRA EXTRA--->There is an awesome SALE going on (see here)

20 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, it is gorgeous!! I am going to give that Zig pens technique a try right away!!

Agata Dagmara Pfister said...

So beautiful!

Valerija said...

Amazing colours! Love your card.
Valerija xx

Suchi said...

Absolutely stunning card!! :)
Suchi xx

Rahmat said...

Absolutely stunning Virginia.

Marianne said...

Thanks for reminding me to start using my liquid masking fluid and pen.
Love your bright and cheerful card.

Susanne Vargas said...

This looks cosmic!

foleysfriend said...

WOW - gorgeous, Virginia. I think I have all that I need, except, where is my darn masking pen? Actually, I think I have two .... somewhere! Hmmm - if I can't find it, I might just settle for the yummy background and fussy cut out the blooms and leaves. Always need a plan B ... Thank you for the inspiration.

Harriet said...

Wonderful colors. Your card reminds me of dreaming in color. How do you use the glue as a mask without damaging your creation?

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! I think this might be a favorite of mine of your watercoloring! Beautiful background!

Migdalia said...

Stunning card!! I love the pretty background!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Annette Allen said...

WOW i LOVE this.. that blend of color is perfect.

Karen B. said...

A dreamy card!

conil said...

Wow, this really is dreamy. Feel like I could fall into that soft background. This reminds me of a movie Robin Williams was in where he went to heaven. Stunning card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great background for your colorful flowers, Virginia!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

awesome card!!

Cindy C. said...

Love the happy colours and how you applied it! So pretty!

Lisa said...

Wow, wow, wow this is incredibly pretty!!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this stamp set and the colors are beautiful!

Marlena M. said...

This is amazing Virginia! Such an eye-catching creation~