Monday, June 20, 2016

Faux Stitching with Ice Cream Card

Hello friends!
Is summer getting hot hot hot for you? 
I am popping to to share a COOL card with this Plush Ice Cream Cone Wafer Die.
s
Since it is lazy summer here, I opted for the lazy route for my ice cream concoction.
I managed to create a stitched look without all the work! That pretty much is saying that I enjoyed the ice cream without adding the calories....well, it's not quite exactly the same, but you get the idea.

thanks x3

I totally took advantage of the sprays and made my own colorful paper. I LOVE how the "melting" on the ice cream cone. When I sprayed the colors (using Heidi Swapp and TH Distress Stain Sprays, see links below), I thought I made a mess with the colors!! After examining it for a while, I realized that I can turn it into something beautiful...

DSC_0381 (4)

As for the faux stitching? I used Gold and White Pico Embellisher to connect the dots. You can definitely use white Gel Pen for this task.

ice cream

My white gel pens were all dried up and I actually was glad that I used Pico Embellisher.
To me, this ice cream cone consists of the following flavors: Lemon/Peach and Mint. YUM! I hope that I would come up with more "flavors" soon again.

Have you checked out Simon Says Stamp's summer release "Among the Stars"?
You can check it out here. The Plush Ice Cream Cone Wafer Die is awesome for creating summery projects and helps you keep cool :) 
There is 20% off on the selections here!!


Use code: TimRocks (valid till June 26th)
Thanks for stopping by! 
~affiliated links are applied. I would be thrilled if you buy things through one of my links!~ 

11 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. The ice-cream looks good enough to eat.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the faux stitching!

Keren Baker said...

Yum. That icecream looks like it has sauce dripping down it! Fab card- and I thought the stitching was real at first! x

Barb said...

Wow! Awesome card, V! I love how your ice cream actually looks drippy! Beautifully done! ♥

Harriet said...

Great ideas, Virginia. Yes the "ice cream" appears to be melting. Hot in Michigan and in need of rain.

Tracey McNeely said...

Super sweet Virgina!

Nicole Parmentier said...

I will go for the faux stitching but eat the real icecream! Although the weather here in the Netherlands is terrible! Your summery card give me just the little bit of sunshine I need for today. Love the coloring, its fingerlicking good!!

Barb Ghig said...

I was really fooled by your first photo :) Yummy colors, and I love how your ice cream appears to be melting! Another fabulous card, Virginia!

conil said...

Only on word will describe the concoction...delicious. You're right, the Pico embellisher was the way to go.

Miriam Prantner said...

The papers you created are beautiful and I really love the faux stitching!

Taunya Butler said...

So cute and so very fun!! This card turned out fabulous - love the faux stitching and this card is positively yummy!!