Thursday, June 30, 2016

Inspired by Colors!

Hello there!
 Once in a while, I got asked by friends:
"What online card-making classes are you taking these days?"
"How do you get ideas and come up with the designs?"
"What do you do to improve your styles/skills?"

HP (Close-up)

The answer, my friends, is blowing in the wind....
I wish I have magic answers to those questions.
I can only say: "Think more, make more and explore more".

Today's post explains how I came up with a card.
I simply felt inspired...I played and then I created.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

The stamped borders may look "random", but it is every bit planned and nearly symmetrical. I heavily relied on my trusty MISTI for stamping the borders. This handy Grid Transparency is perfect for lining up the images, especially the sentiment. Each leaf was stamped up to three times. I also want to point out Wink of Stella (Gold) that I used for splattering. I rarely use it to touch up the image, but it is really handy when it comes to adding splatter. I love it for this simple reason.

DSC_0348

I wasn't planning to do any challenge any time soon. But when I saw the inspiration photo over Altenew,  I couldn't helping creating something...
The colors ( and DT Amy's wedding dress) are simply exquisite!

I hope that you look around your surroundings and perhaps you will be inspired to create something. And better yet, join a challenge like this one--->Virginia's View Challenge 
(sorry that I am a little biased-LOL).

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Paru Mahtani said...

Beautiful card Virginia! I couldnt have said it better!
Our challenge for July is Birthday and it goes live tomorrow...I hope you will stop by to play!! hugs!

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia. Beautifully done. MISTI really is the best for doing this sort of stamping.

Taunya Butler said...

I love how you think and that you share with us! Your card is gorgeous and so perfect for that challenge! Happy day to you!!

Pam said...

Stunning!

Susi K. said...

Your leaf "framing" around the card is absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! The ink splatters are perfect and that vellum flower really finishes off your card beautifully.

LauraJane:) said...

I've not thought of using the Wink of Stella Gold for splatters...it makes sense though, and it looks GREAT!!

richardbreaks said...

This is just gorgeous, Virginia! All your careful consideration certainly paid off!

Harriet said...

Beautiful, Virginia. The softness of your colors simply pop thanks to the green you used. I sure "see" why Misti is such a valuable tool. I also looked at your challenge cards. My goodness such an excellent array of talent.

conil said...

Dreamy...looks like one could get lost in all that foliage. Gorgeous card.

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful use of these colors, Virginia! Love that border and the vellum peony!

Shelly said...

WoW! Sooo pretty! Love your stamped borders and colors!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Virginia, a great card!

GeeCee said...

I LOVE your card Virginia! Sooo pretty! I look forward to getting your emails alerts in my inbox. I enjoy your beautiful card creations!

Charlene said...

This is stunning!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely gorgeous my Friend!
You make it sound so easy!!
Hugs~

Karen B. said...

It is a true beauty!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the layered stamping and then the vellum flower on top of it, gorgeous!