Sunday, June 26, 2016

Layered Floral Card with Masking

Hello friends!
I am sure you have noticed the color-layering stamps are just getting better and more fun to play with. I am addicted to them (put it mildly)!
thanks #3

My latest favorite flower set is
s

Freehand Florals from Wplus9.

One of the challenges with these stamps is lining them up. Even with MISTI, I must say that it's not always that easy. For once, I decided to skip a layer (2nd layer) and did the solid stamping and sketch one (the 3rd layer).

thanks-003

You may noticed that I "messed" up with the largest flower. I tried to "correct" it with another layer of stamping with Delicata Golden Glitz Ink. This gold ink is my absolute favorite. Gold makes everything look better! While I was at it, I threw in the silver as well. No one said that you can't mix the gold and silver ( thanks sentiment and silver strings), right?

thanks-002
This card took some planning, especially with the masking involved. I only had to cut out two flower images for masking. It really isn't all that much more work!

I know I blog often and do not expect to have comments all the time....but some of you give your time to comment day after day. For that, I am very grateful
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SO many great deals can be found here.
There is 20% off on the Tim Holtz Ranger, Sizzix and TH products here!!
Use code: TimRocks (last chance TODAY)



18 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I think mixing gold and silver looks so pretty, and skipping a layer on these gorgeous blooms worked out beautifully! Another really stunning card, Virginia...and I didn't even notice your 'mess up' :)

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous. Love the touch of gold.

Elaine Thompson said...

Hi Virginia,
Another beautiful card!!! I seem to love every card you make! If I scroll through cards on Pinterest I'm amazed how often I'm drawn to one immediately and it's one of yours. I appreciate the inspiration and the details that are just the right touch. Is the black and white strip paper or washi tape? Really like it! If you have any secrets to share about shaping and attaching the thread I would love to know.

Harriet said...

I really, really like layering cards. I do find them challenging but so rewarding. I, too, have skipped a layer often but never thought to use Delicata gold or silver....great idea. Your card is lovely. I was able to find pkgs. of full sticky post it notes and these are my very favorite for masking. I find masking a trial, seems no matter how hard I try the mask is not correct. Makes no sense to me either.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the floral border, Virginia - so perfect with the silver die cut THANKS!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Fabulous!

conil said...

Masterful job of "fixing" with the Delicata...and the silver enhances those colors and makes it look cool and refreshing. Your masking was very well done.

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!

Teresa Doyle said...

Your card is lovely Virginia and gold and silver go together beautifully!

Patt H. said...

Very pretty card, Virginia! Love the soft colors & those gorgeous flowers! I need to buy a Misti as I can see it would really help with lining up those images. Thanks for sharing!

Sheila H said...

I don't see any mistake, Virginia. Your flowers are lovely. I like the two layers. It's cool to stamp in different ways. The mixture of gold and silver is a nice touch.

Sybrina K said...

Virginia, This is so pretty! Love those gorgeous flowers and that great design. And, thanks so much for the kind words you left when visiting my blog. :)

Taunya Butler said...

I am so in love with the way you used the gold ink pad on this lovely beautiful card!! I also have to say that the way you embellish with side borders and sparkly thread always impresses me!! Love that black and white striped border - you are such a wonderful stamper!!

Hsu Emily said...

Awesome card.

Lisa said...

SO pretty, love the stripes and sparkly sentiment!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful layered flowers, Virginia! I love your mix of silver and gold with those wonderful colorful flowers. I wish I could comment every day. I agree, those that do are amazing.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful placement, love that thin strip of pp and the sparkly sentiment!

Karen B. said...

You ended up with gorgeous results and the gold is so pretty!