Thursday, June 9, 2016

One Layer Wonder

Hello friends! 
I am popping in with a one layer today! 
s
Peony Bouquet (Altenew) 

I have had Peony Bouquet for a while now and am finally got around to play. Perhaps the recent bloom of the peonies give me some inspiration?
It seemed rather daunting when you first look at the stamp set. But once you know these are really just three flowers, three types of leaves (each with three layering stamps) and smaller stamps to complete the entire set. It will start to make a lot of sense once you start stamping. 

for my friend on your birthday

When I first try to get acquainted with the stamps, I tend to create one layers. I used my old office supplies Sticker paper for the masking (Post-it notes and masking fluid will work also).

I also want to point out that MISTI really comes in handy for color-layering stamps. I find that I am able to get a precise position once I can line up the stamps, instead of "eye-balling" it.
DSC_0357 (1)

I used Wink of Stella (gold) to add tiny droplets of splatter. Gold Stickles and White Pico Embellisher were later added as well. Details like this helps create "movement" and gives an artistic flair...
DSC_0356 (1)
I am sure that I will be back for more with this stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  Btw, you might want to check out what's on sale over Simon Says Stamp here.

22 comments:

June K said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors. Thanks for the inspiration. I own this set.

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous color combo.

Betty Keefe said...

really pretty Virginia - love that stamp set!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

This is my all-time favourite stampset. It's so easy to line up too. I tend to do the outline first, it makes it easier to line up the other layers. I love your one-layer card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Pulling off a one layer Altenew layered flower card is no easy task. Incredible masking and colours my friend!

conil said...

I'd say you really know how to align these stamps well. This card is so lovely and the colors are perfect for your peonies.

Harriet said...

Your card is lovely. I can "see" the pico embellisher really adds a lot of interest as does the gold stickles. I didn't know wink of stella could make tiny drops.....big light bulb moment.

Barb said...

I love that stamp set! Beautiful stamping, Virginia! Such a pretty card! ♥

Sheila H said...

I love the colors of the flowers. Your layering is perfect. The gold splatters from the Wink of Stella add a nice pop.

alexandra s.m. said...

GORGEOUS! I need these flowers!!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, breathtaking beautiful!!

lostinpaper said...

So gorgeous Virginia! One of my fave Altenew flower sets for sure (to be honest I have a few favourite Altenew flower sets lol)

Valerija said...

Amazing card. Love the stamp set you have used. Great job!
Valerija xx

Happy Dance said...

Perfect showcase of this Altenew set. Gorgeous colors on the flowers and the mint green for the leaves is such a perfect compliment. Very pretty card. Bev

Lisa said...

What fabulous colors Virginia!! This is a beautiful one layer card!!

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous..

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. What beautiful flowers on your card.

Susan F. said...

Wow! I really like this.

Helen Gullett said...

Absolutely gorgeous One Layer card, Virginia. THose blooms are juga beautiful!

Pam said...

Gorgeous card! I've been addicted to it lately.

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Virginia, this is SO beautiful! This is my ALL time favourite Altenew stamp set. Not sure if I'll ever own it but I have to say I never miss a chance to see a card or video using it. I have them all pinned "just in case"! LOL
Your card is just stunning! TFS!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful stamping and masking and love the color choices!