Saturday, June 25, 2016

Simon Says Stamp July Card Kit-Take One!

Hello friends!
DSC_0350 (4)

Simon has done it again! The much-anticipated July 2016 Card Kit has finally arrived in my house! 
s
Let me tell ya, the excitement of receiving the monthly kit doesn't get old. 
I busted out the box and got busy with my first play. I used the watercolor card stock and did some water-coloring with the white-embossed images. 

DSC_0343 (6)

The stamp set "Handwritten Floral Greetings" in this kit is SO versatile. I love that there is a good mix of outlines and solid stamps.  One thing about this card though... I colored the flowers "wrong"....when I meant to color the entire flower in purple! I almost abandoned my card. In the end, I persevered and the result is nothing what I had planned, but I LIKE it!
s
There are three types of inks that I used for this project. I did the background stamping with the ink cubes (from the kit). The outlines of the large foliage and flowers were stamped with Distress Inks. I then colored them with the water brush and (36) Kuretake Watercolor.
By the way, the 4 ink cubes included in this kit are lovely. They normally would cost for $9.99 each set (see here).  However, it is included in this kit! 

DSC_0349 (6)
For embellishments, I torn off a strip pf pattern paper and added my favorite things (sequins and strings). If you are like me who loves free style stamping, this kit is just delightful to have. 

You can sign up the monthly subscription here (strongly suggested).
 or
buy the individual July monthly kit here (sold out at the moment-wah wah).
SO many great deals can be found here.
there is 20% off on the selections here!!
Use code: TimRocks (valid till June 26th)
Thanks so much for stopping by!


14 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

So lovely and pretty - love the peeks of yellow from the sides and that black side border looks really good!! Happy day to you!!

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Virginia. Love the little stamps used like this on the card.

Teresa Doyle said...

A beautiful card Virginia. I absolutely love this stam set in this kit, its so versatile. A great job!

Sheila H said...

I love your color scheme. It's gorgeous.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Fabulous card!!! Still playing with the June kit here.. but looking forward to the next! Love what you did with it!

conil said...

Ooooh, I love these colors together. The deep indigo with that refreshing green...be still my heart. That gorgeous bouquet of flowers is so beautifully stamped. WOW! Everything about this card makes me happy right down to the sequin and stringy bow.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty combo of colors, Virginia, and I love the blue banner on the side! Great use of the July kit!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love this combo too Virginia!
beautiful ad vibrant card my Friend!!
Hugs~

Patt H. said...

Awesome card, Virginia! The little black patterned border sets this one off perfectly! Love it!

Harriet said...

Virginia you color sense just keeps getting better and better. The flower of purple and turquoise is superb. I'm beginning to realize this monthly stamp kit is a real jewel.

Greta said...

Beautifully modern card, Virginia! I've got that stamp set on my wishlist!

Lisa said...

This is cheerful and lovely Virginia!

Isabelle Siry said...

Another beautiful card Virginia ! I love the color combo you chose, and particularly your final touch : the sequin and string mixed together ! Thanks for sharing and above all for inspiring ! Izzy Scrap

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty kit! I love the colors and the placement of your florals!