Thursday, June 16, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Release "Among The Stars"

Hello friends!
I am pleased to share my summer project with you today. 
Simon Says Stamp has an AWESOME summer release "Among the Stars".
s

You can check it out here.
I am lucky to get a hold of this Plush Ice Cream Cone Wafer Die.
s
This die is suitable for using paper ,fabric or felt to create with this yummy product. 
I chose felt for my "Ice Cream". 
it's your day

This card is really fun and easy to create. I am not a sew-er, but I can totally manage this. In order to keep the design focused on the ice cream, I did some simple stamping with the background and sentiment. There is another piece of die for the "syrup/topping", I skipped that and focused just on the ice cream cone. The shiny cherry was topped with a dab of clear Stickles. Yum!

it's your day!
I stamped stripes at the bottom to ground the image and thought it would be a perfect summer birthday card for any gender and age.

The following are on top of my wish list: Hydrangea Petals , Mosaic Star Die and Uplifting Thoughts.   You can check out the "Among The Stars" release here.
Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

very sweet Virginia. Lovely card

Susi K. said...

That stitching ... that texture - fabulous! What a wonderful idea to put that felt "ice cream cone" on a card, Virginia!

Teresa Doyle said...

So sweet Virginia. I love the "plushie's". So sweet!

Karen B. said...

What a fun card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Too cute!

conil said...

Aaah, you've found another of my weaknesses...ice cream. And what a fun way to provide a calorie-less birthday greeting. Your stitching looks terrific so, yes, you do sew. I've seen your stitching on many of your cards. Love the stripes at the bottom, reminds me of ice cream flavors (see, I can't get away from food).

Harriet said...

Who doesn't like ice cream???? Your card is really unique and an excellent example of individual interpretation.

alexandra s.m. said...

How creative of you once again!
Bravo for this unique card Virginia!
Hugs~

Kara Lynne said...

What a yummy ice cream cone! I love the stripes and sentiment too, they work so well with your ice cream!

Lisa said...

What a fun card!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love it! Especially the sparkle on top!

Patt H. said...

Great card, Virginia! I love all ice cream & this one is perfect. Makes me hungry!!

Taunya Butler said...

SEW, SEW very cute and COOL as can be!! Love it, Virginia, you really licked this!!