Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #371

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-

This week the challenge is 

 Mask It

 We are using Altenew products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-) 

 For my project, I used Altenew's Beautiful Lady Stamp set. This hydrangea image is the best that I have come across. This stamp set also has a matching die (see here). 

Congrats
 I love creating my own watercolor paper. This time I relied on using sprays (see all inks below). While I sprayed the colors all over my Canson paper, I had no idea what I could do with it.... After the paper dried completely (the hardest part), I chose an area that I thought that I could make it work!

DSC_0107 (3)

For masking, I painstakingly stamped the image on a piece of copy paper , cut it out and  used it as a mask. First, I stamped the image and and then worked around the focal point and that's it!  The labor of fussy cutting (only cutting on both sides) is so worth it! I love how this turned out!

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  
The winner of my "Spread The Love" Giveaway will be announced tomorrow. 


25 comments:

Valerija said...

So beautiful. Love the background.

Karen B. said...

Your hard work paid off...this is gorgeous!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, the colours and stamping are fabulous! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

Beautiful results, V! LOVE the colors and you chose the perfect image to mask!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!

Laura Bassen said...

gorgeous card and love your photography, too!!! That painstaking masking was ALL WORTH IT!!!!

Barb said...

Such a unique way to use masking, V! Beautiful card! Masking is never quick but the results are always worth it! ♥

Ksenija said...

Amazing card, Virginia! How did you decide to add blue splatters? This colour brings the card to a Wow level! Love masking and will try to play along ;) - Sweet Kobylkin

conil said...

I love how it turned out, too. Incredible color you achieved on the background but the placement & embellishment of the hydrangea makes this a brilliant card. Also love the way you added your sentiment...perfect.

Deepti Stephens said...

Really, very beautiful card :)

Harriet said...

Magnificent!!! It's the colors, Virginia, they are so vibrant and lovely. I think this card is remarkable. The simplicity simply is hidden and then voila the entire card simply shines.

Juhi said...

It's gorgeous!beautiful, beautiful background!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your watercolor background, Virginia, and your masked flowers look amazing on it!!

Lisa said...

This is stunning Virginia!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the simple outlines with that watercolored paper, gorgeous!

Sheila H said...

Great masking, Virginia. The outline images look spectacular on your background paper.

Jinny Newlin said...

All that fussy-cutting totally paid off, Virginia. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love that backdrop!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful masking, and I LOVE your watercolored background--so gorgeous!

Dawn Turley said...

Beautifully done Virginia.

Teresa Doyle said...

A wonderful card Virginia! The flower looks so pretty on the colourful background.

Annie Solomon said...

Gosh, Virginia, that is so simple and pretty. I love the watercolor background!

Brenda said...

I love the masking technique. Your card is lovely Virginia, those colours are so nice!

Bonnie said...

These colors do make it work, Virginia! Beautiful!

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Neat design, Virginia! Love the background!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Isabelle Siry said...

Another wonderful card Virginia ! This background leaves me speechless ! So beautiful this combination of colors. The sentiment is right : Congrats ! Izzy Scrap