Saturday, June 4, 2016

Stamping a Colorful Sentiment

Hello friends! 
I am sure you have large sentiments stamp sets in your stash. 
Do you mostly stamp it in black or brown?
My post today is to show you that colorful sentiment are super fun and eye-catching....

First, I gather the stamp set Look for the Miracles
 s
and positioned in my MISTI.
look for the miracles
I just went ahead and started stamping from the top (with red ink). Each time I stamped a "tiny little" bit and used a strip of paper as a mask. This prevented me to stamp too much of one color.  I also overlapped the colors a little bit each time. This will ensure that the inks blend and help achieve a cohesive look. 

I always remember the first rainbow script that I saw was from Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. I actually saw the play back in the mid 90s when Donny Osmond performed in Toronto and LOVED it!

It is since forever etched in my mind since. I guess you can say that I was inspired by that.
After stamping the sentiment in rainbow colors, I clear-embossed the sentiment and then add a few dab of Mustard Seed. I then stamped the rest of the flowers around it.
look for the miracles (close-up)
I love that this card is truly flat yet it has so many fine details on its own.
Do you love the rainbow vibe?
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
 It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!
Extra extra!!!

 US shoppers: use JUNEFREE for order of $75 or more for free shipping
International shoppers: use JUNESAVE ($7.99 off for order over $75)
Here are what's on sale. 

14 comments:

Valerija said...

Very pretty.

Barb said...

I love how you made the sentiment the center of attention by using bolder colors than the surrounding, softer flowers! It's a beautiful card, V! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

so pretty Virginia. Love the rainbow effect.

Teresa Doyle said...

This is very pretty Virginia, great work!

Bonnie said...

This is the prettiest rainbow script I've ever seen, Virginia! Truly worthy of Joseph's coat! (Love that play and the music!)

conil said...

We'll just call you the Stamping Queen. Who doesn't love rainbows, especially when someone does something this unique with them. It's beautiful, happy and positive...something everyone needs.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card my Friend!

Sheila H said...

I totally love the rainbow look of this card, Virginia. I'm inspired to try to CASE it 😍

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your rainbow colored sentiment, Virginia!

Karen B. said...

As always, your projects are amazing!

Harriet said...

Love your "rainbow greeting"....you continue to create amazing cards.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that rainbow sentiment!

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful take from your inspiration. It looks fantastic!

Helen Gullett said...

Absolutely stunning and beautiful card, Virginia!