Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Transforming Pattern Paper

 Hello friends!
 Today's post is a two-fer. I have been so inspired by the pattern paper from July 2016 Card Kit .
For me, one of the benefits of getting the monthly kit is the pattern paper. I know, we stampers do not always reach for pattern paper often. But once in a while, it is really fun to transform the pattern and make it your own. If you see today's two cards, you'd know what I mean.

The stamp set "Handwritten Floral Greetings" totally rocks!
s
Card #1
a note to say hello
The large flowers in this pattern paper are not colored. I used the ink pads ( Thistle and Goldenlocks, included in the kit) to color the images.  I then stamped the sentiment in the yellow paper. That was easy to add colors!

Card #2
sending comforting hugs
For the background, I stamped all the floral designs. I also inked, stamped and cut the large flower to go with the background. For extra pizzazz, I gold-embossed the sentiment.

 I hope this post gives you some inspiration on transforming the pattern paper. It's great to stretch your stash and make it work with your designs. You will also find this very satisfying :)
Thanks for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can sign up the SSS monthly subscription here (strongly suggested).
 or
buy the individual July monthly kit here (sold out at the moment-wah wah).
SO many great deals can be found here.

11 comments:

Harriet said...

Wonderful ideas and examples of using pattern paper. I especially like the gold sentiment. Both cards are excellent.

Charlene said...

Beautiful cards!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Love how you stamped on the patterned paper. That blue is such a beautiful color

Taunya Butler said...

Virginia - your ideas are always so fresh and new and cool!! Love this and it transforms the pattern paper - gorgeously done!! Have a happy day!!

Nora N. said...

Oh WOW!! What amazing cards!! What a fabulous way to transform the paper you used. Thank you for this technique!

Karen B. said...

Cool idea with pretty results!

Cindy C. said...

Both delightful, and clever way to personalize the pattern paper!!

conil said...

Truth is, the patterned paper in this particular kit was what made me give it a second glance. Sadly, it sold out before I got to it. But just loved them especially the blue and white that is on your first card. Think you chose the perfect colors to enhance it. LOVE THAT CARD! Then you strike me between the eyes with that second one. These stamps so perfectly compliment these patterned papers, I thought it was one of them. Just beautifully done.

Intoxicating Arts said...

OMG! I just found your website looking for SSS July 2016 inspiration and your card #1 is very similar to my card #1! LOL. I thought that was interesting. I've done 3 cards so far but only posted 2 of them on my blog. https://intoxicatingarts.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/sss-july-2016-card-kit-card-1/

Sheila H said...

I love these cards! Coloring the patterned paper is genius!

Miriam Prantner said...

Way to make your patterned papers work for you! This is really seamless!